• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

plateau.. and how to break it?

If your not going to eat that liquorice, I will

Just change the rep scheme, lately we've been working with 3x6 and a couple of back off sets of 30-50 reps.

Good advice from Fadi, Nick and Andy, as usual

Now about that liqu.........

oh yea i'm squeezing in bad calories just to enjoy myself a little.. (particularly with skittles and starburst). But I keep these to a minimum.

Like bluey was suggesting, 98 vs Regular.

no longer have fever thank god... but cold and cough is still there. Ima try to hit the gym tomorrow morning though

If your sick cut out sugar and dairy. Sugar reduces your immune systems strength and dairy produces mucus.

Intact cut out sugar full stop. It serves no purpose.

I'm still undecided on dextrose. I'm not taking it ATM and I still recover fine. I don't really like the idea of processed sugar.

I know processed but chemically it is glucose what your body uses for fuel. There is no fructose involved so we dont have to worry about any of the negative effects and i though insulin was a carrier hormone we wanted to create better protein synthesis?

NPR said:
I'm still undecided on dextrose. I'm not taking it ATM and I still recover fine. I don't really like the idea of processed sugar.
Dextrose is glucose. If glucose is bad for us, we are all dead, since glucose is the basic energy source for the entire body. It's the basis of the glycolytic cycle. No glycolitic pathway, no ATP, no need for creatine, and our muscles don't work.

I know processed but chemically it is glucose what your body uses for fuel. There is no fructose involved so we dont have to worry about any of the negative effects -
Pffft, says Alan Aragon, drawing on science.

Glucose is the first sugar involved in the glycolitic cycle. But after that, α-D-Glucose 6-phosphate is turned into β-D-Fructose 6-phosphate. Oh my God, we're all dead!

Too much of any one food is not that good for you. No particular food is essential. A wide variety of foods from different sources gives the best health. Vary according to what you enjoy, and ignore the fads.

alright, i'm going to the gym tomorrow regardless of whether i'm coughing / have a cold or not... this stupid cold has wasted enuff time.

No fructose is a poison however some how we need small amounts of it to start other metabolic funcitons.

But naturally occuring. Naturally occuring it comes with fiber chromium vitamins and minerals in fruit and sfa fructose at that.

No fructose is a poison however some how we need small amounts of it to start other metabolic funcitons.

But naturally occuring. Naturally occuring it comes with fiber chromium vitamins and minerals in fruit and sfa fructose at that.

s h i t i didn't realize that when i went to school with an apple & banana in my fruit box my mum was actually giving me poison! Where did you get this info from

Originally Posted by n00bs

i read it fine.

Yeah. I agree. You can eat apples & banana's until your blue in the face (or sitting on the loo wishing you weren't...sitting on the loo...), but you sitting there isn't a result of being poisoned.

Our bodies have evolved a little bit over the last few hundred years, not enough tho to handle the processed corn syrup & manufactured types of fats, now They're posions. long live the paleo diet

I just finished my first round of 20-rep squats (up to 105kg x20) for the year. When I started, I failed many times because my lower back couldn't take the tension for too long. I did a lot of heavy goodmornings (up to 85kg x5 now) and it really helped condition my lower back enough to deal with over 3 minutes of constant isometric contraction by a heavy weight. I also recover faster too.

Give goodmornings a try!