• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Planking

pollie

Hi guys! What benefits can you get from planking? What's the purpose of performing it by lying face down on the floor?

Thrust your hips up and down, now that's planking at its finest Pollie Wollie Doodle.

Head Kunce

I reckon its a bullshit exercise all the useles middle age ****s I work with can plank 5-10 mins but are weak as shit. I can squat close to double bw, bench 1.5 and dead well over double bw but can't plank more then 2 mins.

I think lots of bridges and planks only serve to make you better at bridges and planks.

I love watching them ladies do planks and glute raises at my gym. should be a mandatory female routine I reckon.

Supposedly there are many benefits to doing it, i never could stick to doing planks for more than one week. gets me bored easily :D

google RKC Plank.

I can do a "normal" plank for bloody ages. This style is a lot harder. Also, add weight (just like any other exercise)

Benefits are core strengthening without spinal flexion.

google RKC Plank.

I can do a "normal" plank for bloody ages. This style is a lot harder. Also, add weight (just like any other exercise)

Benefits are core strengthening without spinal flexion.

yep, you can also do them with a little instability added to the mix for variation and to make it harder.

Don't rely on them solely but they can be good.

You will get bored though

i like them, and mix it up. one arm up, then the other arm up, same with the legs, alternate limbs off the ground. Alot harder. They are just one of many ab exercises you can do. Id recommend them as one of the main ones IMO

I find they can be good to do inbetween sets, so at least your still making use of the time and it is a good way to time the rest between your lifts.

I'd see this thread and then avoid it coz I thought it was referring to that planking craze:

486954-planking.jpg