• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Plain Rice

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
I have introduced rice back into my diet.
At the moment I am just having plain basmati rice but it is as bland as cardboard. How can I jazz up the flavour without adding too many cals, sugar and fat?

Help, I'm desperate.:mad:

Hmm, my latest craving is rice mixed with baked beans... sooo good. (and quick)

However why don't you eat the rice with some meat dishes that have sauce, eg. curries?

My grandmother used to say, 'you're just eating plain rice, have some more curry', its weird because I sometimes like to just eat it plain it tastes really nice. I hate rice that is dry though.

Rice with cottage cheese on the top is also nice with a little bit of sweet chilli sauce.

My grandmother used to say, 'you're just eating plain rice, have some more curry', its weird because I sometimes like to just eat it plain it tastes really nice. I hate rice that is dry though.

Rice with cottage cheese on the top is also nice with a little bit of sweet chilli sauce.
I don't mind palin rice ither, but 2-3 times per day week in week out.. eeeeeeeeeerkkkkkkkkkkkk:mad:

You can take out the coconut milk and they are so much better for you? :)
I guess I could.:cool:

Nooooo, cannot have curry, too many cals. Unless you know something I don't? :)

Since when does curry have calories? (homemade) its justs spieces herbs and water + meat vegies simmered...

I made an amazing one the other day ..

Then added those no carb noodles..

Was good

How do you make it? What spices do you use or do you buy it ready made?

You can buy curry powder and other spices at the supermarket. Something like curry powder, minced ginger, minced garlic and pepper and salt is a good starting point. I'm only learning how to cook though.

recipe i havent used in a while now come to think of it, but made an awesome meal. in a bowl of rice add a good handfull of roughly chopped flat leaf parsley, 1 tin of tuna, tablespoon or so of soysauce and some pepper, throw it in the microwave to soften the parsley leaves a little, mix and eat :) simple and goodera! :)

Here you go enjoy

Please remember these are not just spices for taste but have many health benefits! Tumeric is a strong antioxident and anti inflamitry!

1 finely chopped onion
1 finely chopped tomato(NOT CANNED!!!)
2 fresh green chillies, finely chopped

1 tbsp fresh garlic
1 tbsp fresh ginger
1 tsp each of ground, ground coriander seeds(optional), paprika, tumeric, garam masala, curry powder

2 tbsp ground cumin

Fry the onions in butter on a low heat for around 30 mins, making sure they dont burn or this will ruin the curry. About 15 mins into this process add the tomato and chilli.
10 mins later, add the garlic and ginger, cook for 5 mins more then add all the spices
Add 1tsp of salt (more can be added later to taste)

Paste should be smooth

When making a curry, add the meat (preferably chicken or lamb on the bone) lightly brown, then add water (how much depends on how much gravy you like) and simmer on the lowest heat possible for around 1-1.5 hours till meat is very tender and sauce is a nice consistency
Sprinkle liberally with garam masala and fresh chopped coriander
Let it stand for 10 mins before serving

Always tastes better the next day once the flavours and spices have infused

Hmm, my latest craving is rice mixed with baked beans... sooo good. (and quick)

That actually sounds good. I had baked beans today for the first time in a while and was wondering what I could put with it. Do you use white rice or brown? Might give it a go

Why not just make teh rice tasty and substitute any carbs etc from other aspects of your diet,.. I like to make my whey shake double stregth, ie powder plus milk, and then stick it in a saucepan and heat it up , add a cup of rice, and some suger, and vanilla extract to taste, boil it up, so the rice cooks. It is great to eat strait up warm, or when cool, just stir some cream though it to loosen it up again.. yum yum..

great for breakfast, lunch, or as a pre / post work out feed, easy and filling.

Why not just make teh rice tasty and substitute any carbs etc from other aspects of your diet,.. I like to make my whey shake double stregth, ie powder plus milk, and then stick it in a saucepan and heat it up , add a cup of rice, and some suger, and vanilla extract to taste, boil it up, so the rice cooks. It is great to eat strait up warm, or when cool, just stir some cream though it to loosen it up again.. yum yum..

great for breakfast, lunch, or as a pre / post work out feed, easy and filling.

Ok thats just weird lol

That actually sounds good. I had baked beans today for the first time in a while and was wondering what I could put with it. Do you use white rice or brown? Might give it a go

I use white rice, I find this a pleasantly satisfying dish because the sauce from the baked beans goes with the rice quite well.

so you have never had creamed rice? you can buy it rom the shops in tins, I just make my own and add protein....adding coco works great aswell.

I concur that sounds a bit weird, but then again I have never had creamed rice despite being a rice eater all my life. And as for cocoa???! Wow... interesting!

You can buy the creamed rice in a tin from woolies etc, it comes in vanilla, chocolate, or caramel...I think Tom piper vanilla is the brand i prefer.

As a twist you can also stir in an egg for extra protein and richness, for those bulking, it can be made with coconut milk, or condensed milk, or cream..

There are heaps of recipes on the net for it.. one of my favorite snacks. Most of the internet recipes use way more suger than I do, using fruits will add to sweetness if required.

Sorry this is slightly off topic, maybe new thread......

Last edited:
there's a lot of tomato based curries. katie is on the money, take out or substitute coconut cream and the calories go way down. it wouldn't be dissimilar to a casserole i would think.

i always google for recipes for when i'm searching for something - really handy if you have someone picky in the family but you still feel like something new. there are so many recipe websites you'll be bound to find one that you will want to try.