• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Placebo Effect - Greatest Supplement??

Jim_Junkie

"The placebo effect is the measurable, observable, or felt improvement in health or behavior not attributable to a medication or invasive treatment that has been administered. "

Haha the amount of times I've laughed reading supplement reviews with people claiming they got "awesome pumps" from certain products as well as other jibba-jabba. It's all bullsh*t!!

What will give you a good "pump" in the gym is a well structured workout routine, personally my best pump comes from drop-sets on incline dumbell curls :D not some bs nitric oxide product.

It seems today that how a supplement tastes / how much caffeine is in a product determines what people think of it's effectiveness. If it tastes like a chocolate milkshake or lemonade people will claim it gave them "great recovery" or "awesome pumps".

So really the placebo effect in turn I reckon is the greatest supplement, although I don't think it strengthens anything but your confidence! :p

Id pay 90 bucks a month for a placebo effect - if it makes me train harder then its worth it....

+1 on Placebo effect sometimes you need that pick up when your down. My personal favorite way to motivate and inspire is buy a new training book whether it be diet or strength training I get my placebo effect for a month after usually.
Posted via Mobile Device

I must be immune to placebo. Dr gave me 1500iu of hcg and i felt worse..

I wish i could buy cheap shit and feel hectic!

Well I'll happily have your hcg if you don't want it noobs. So you never read a program like ppp and get excited and tend to really smash it for a week or two? Did you get excited when there were 30 presents under a pine tree?
Posted via Mobile Device

The mind is very powerful.
I believe if you think you are always sick you will be.
I know people like this and I stay away from them.
Posted via Mobile Device

The mind is very powerful.
I believe if you think you are always sick you will be.
I know people like this and I stay away from them.
Posted via Mobile Device

I dont think the mind can compensate when e2 is 4 times reccomended limit and your nipples are sore.

:eek:

I read the general over view of that book noobs. Do you really think the human mind has the ability to change your genetic structure? I think it's a big call to say that considering there are so many genetic diseases an flaws the idea your mind is the cure is pretty full on. I am a firm believer in having the right attitude towards things gets the Jon done better and I do find myself programming my unconscious mind from negative thinking especially to do with my anxiety flaws. The difference of having the ability, dedication and attitude to drop body fat vs training your mind to genetically make you loose fat??? Burn the witch??? Or not???
Posted via Mobile Device

Genetically though? Or does the positive attitude help you to reach your goals because you exercise regulary and don't binge on ice cream when your unhappy.
Posted via Mobile Device

None of us have the qualifications or knowledge to know how.

Somethings that are we can not comprehend because the model of what we have been taught is wrong.

Not long ago neurogenesis was simply thought not possible.
Fat was simply a storage house of energy nothing more.
Food could in no way cause disease or disorders let alone cure them.

Problem is this model of the human body is looked at as individual systems and parts having a specific purpose not multiple jobs.

The mind controls all. You can say it might be because of the lack of ice cream. But why was that person needing ice cream and the other had no problem resisting it?

We don't know everything and I guarantee you we never will, we need to stop assuming we do and stop teaching out dated knowledge to medical professionals.

For example if someone had hormone problems they see a an endocrinologist, when it's quit possible the disruption is caused by gut dysbiosis and increased intestinal permeability.
Because the body is grouped into systems it's almost taboo to think that another body system problems could show up in disorders somewhere else..

Funny, but last time I checked the human was 1 whole symbiotic unit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: