• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

phosphatidic acid the new creatine?

McFLy

super m0derator
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.flexonline.com/nutrition/“natural”-muscle-builder[/FONT][FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphatidic_acid#section_8[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]It's derived from glycerol..I've used glycerol it's good for a cut I used it on bulk tho ears ago.[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://breakingmuscle.com/nutrition/phosphatidic-acid-increases-strength-and-lean-body-mass[/FONT]

How many " new creatine " failures have come and gone.

This is likely to be just another failure.

Worked for me.

Anyway quoting the last article:

In order to gain strength and lean mass, athletes frequently use supplements to help achieve their goals. Most everyone is familiar with the likes of whey protein, branched chain amino acids, and creatine, but one lesser-known supplement that is starting to gain notoriety is phosphatidic acid (PA). The theory is that PA enhances the anabolic effects of resistance training. A recent study examined if oral PA administration enhanced strength, muscle thickness, and lean tissue gain during an 8-week resistance program.

http://www.jissn.com/content/9/1/47

"Competing interests - MP and RJ have been named as inventors on pending patents by Chemi Nutra. MP and RJ are independent paid consultants to Chemi Nutra. All other authors declare that they have no competing interests."

"The authors would like to thank a dedicated group of subjects. This study was supported by a grant from Chemi Nutra, White Bear Lake, MN."

Chemi Nutra Innovative. Leading Edge, Science Based Nutritional Ingredient Products

"Jan 3 2012, Chemi Nutra Files Patent for Phosphatidic Acid's (PA) Ability To Increase Muscle Mass and Strength"

"Nov 20 2012, Chemi Nutra's Proprietary Phosphatidic Acid (PA) Shown to Increase Strength and Lean Muscle Mass"

When more research comes out funded by an objective party that doesn't have a vested interest for the study to yield positive results THEN I'll start forming an opinion. Although I will say that Jeff Stout, one of the authors, was a big part in the research of Beta Alanine.

Oh and seeing that it's based on a glycerol backbone, if it does get produced as a supplement it'll probably be banned pretty quick if it's found to mask or act as a diuretic.

Oh and seeing that it's based on a glycerol backbone, if it does get produced as a supplement it'll probably be banned pretty quick if it's found to mask or act as a diuretic.

Isn't glycerol just a trans fat mostly added to processed foods for texture? I

Isn't glycerol just a trans fat mostly added to processed foods for texture? I

Yeah it's in a lot of foods, but it's also a banned substance under WADA. If you have levels in the blood greater than that which can be consumed it can result in penalties. It's used as a dieuretic and it can mask steroid use.

Beta Alanine is good, with a lot of decent research on it. The drawback is, for it to be effective it has to be taken 4 or more times daily. Usual dose is 3.2g-6.4g total per day, or 0.8g-1.6g taken 4 times.

Yeah it's in a lot of foods, but it's also a banned substance under WADA. If you have levels in the blood greater than that which can be consumed it can result in penalties. It's used as a dieuretic and it can mask steroid use.

Beta Alanine is good, with a lot of decent research on it. The drawback is, for it to be effective it has to be taken 4 or more times daily. Usual dose is 3.2g-6.4g total per day, or 0.8g-1.6g taken 4 times.

Exactly why did wads ban it bams? Couldn't do d there specifics as to why.

Cheers

Exactly why did wads ban it bams? Couldn't do d there specifics as to why.

Cheers

I'd say that's why.

Interesting I just read that its mainly a masking agent for clen. how is its use when bulking or cutting? I only took tiny amounts like 250mgs on a bulk. How would higher dose be for its hydrating effects on a cut?