• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Personal Training??

Thats good money then for a PT. someone starting out would need to be prepared for a lot less but that's the way it is in any industry

Yeah, clearing 1000 a week is damn good for a PT. so are you huge, or 'aesthetically pleasing' like most PTs

The look of the trainer is irrelevant.

Most PT's just use - cherry-pick 101.

A good PT is able to provide the right exercise just by looking at the client and asking the right questions.

Just my thoughts.

Dave is smart, unlike most PT's.

Nah I just get all my office lady and rehab clients on dat dere celltech, works wonders.

Big or aesthetics does not have a lot to do with it if you (or your employers) market your skills well. I've worked at a rehab hospital whilst doing a post grad diploma in rehab which sends me a lot of clients who come in with issues. The guys who lift don't want a PT they just want free advice when I am training or walking around free so being stronger or bigger arms(not in all cases) does not matter money wise. Weight loss clients don't care too much as long as you don't scare them off like most PTs do with insanse sessions from the get go.

I'm 70ish kilograms and have coached national champs. Dieted people from 100-80kg what u saying here about small trainers?

Not to mention look and lift more than guys who are much heavier

:cool:

cheers
trent

Last edited:
I'm 70ish kilograms and have coached national champs. Dieted people from 100-80kg what u saying here about small trainers?

Not to mention look and lift more than guys who are much heavier

:cool:

cheers
trent

Youre in a different situation though where your members are your business cards.

PTs who patrol commercial gyms are their own business card, so their appearance is important imo

Youre in a different situation though where your members are your business cards.

PTs who patrol commercial gyms are their own business card, so their appearance is important imo

Yeah it doesn't matter that you are a fatty!

In Trents case he still has to show he can lift or look good it may just not be AS important as a PT on the gym floor, but still important. My business cards are my clients and their changes and how they spread the word about me.

If you find a good gym you will constantly get clients because your managers and the customer service staff will be suggesting you. My manager is my best client who has gotten me a few clients who she personally knows, not just gym members. To make it as a PT you really should look at the gym you are working at. Most chain gyms would not treat me in this way and I would be on my own after my 3 to 6 months help is up. There are always those who are great marketers and will do well but these people are quite rare.

oi take me/karen to maccas on the weekend after the comp.