• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Paleo Diet & strength training biochemistry Doug McGuff video

Atti

whats your opinion on it ?

i stumbled across it on youtube looks interesting he said 15 mins exercise twice a week is all thats needed to be "healthy" ? woot...

note its only interesting after 1 hour of bableling :)

[YOUTUBE]2PdJFbjWHEU[/YOUTUBE]​

Last edited by a moderator:
As this forum does include the term; "health and fitness" into it's mission statement, the answer is an absolute yes.
15 minutes twice a week would be all that is required to build strenght, and fitness.

But there are conditions to this.

I guess "healthy" is alot different to having mad calves, sleeve busting biceps & run 5km without raising a sweat.

I wouldn't take diet or exercise advice off a bloke that looks like the one in the video.

I guess "healthy" is alot different to having mad calves, sleeve busting biceps & run 5km without raising a sweat.

I wouldn't take diet or exercise advice off a bloke that looks like the one in the video.

Intredasting

Why do you want those things?

The bloke in the vid is suggesting the prime reason is to fuck?

I don't disagree with that.

But it's not bit guns, or huge calves.

Intredasting

Why do you want those things?

The bloke in the vid is suggesting the prime reason is to fuck?

I don't disagree with that.

But it's not bit guns, or huge calves.

I was more quoting Atti's post than the video itself and that use of the word "healthy" and the 15 mins. What I meant to say is that his version of healthy and mine are different. Plus 15 mins twice a week won't get you healthy the way I see it! :)

What do you think is wrong with how he looks taurus?
He looks Well built enough to me

His explanation of how cell metabolism works was very interesting and informative.
It highlights the grossly simplistic notion of a calorie is a calorie

It's possible that you do only need 15 minutes "exercise" 2x a week to be "healthy" especially if you're always eating stupid paleo

Assuming you're not sedentary, but I'm sure he's referring to having a healthy heart etc,

There's a lot more work required to look good

Note- haven't watched and not at all interested in watching

It's possible that you do only need 15 minutes "exercise" 2x a week to be "healthy" especially if you're always eating stupid paleo

Assuming you're not sedentary, but I'm sure he's referring to having a healthy heart etc,

There's a lot more work required to look good

Note- haven't watched and not at all interested in watching

It's a good watch
I'm pretty sure he means high intensity resistance workout which will give you a healthy heart, not cardio.

In the last 40 years a lot of stuff has been written about lifting and dieting.
Doug's book is, IMO a life changing read.

Atm i am doing PTC beginer program with 3-5 mins rest between each set, is this classified as high intensity interval training ?

I would really like to Diet/Exercise Hack my way from atm est 20% bf down to 10% bf, what sort of tweak/hack should i be doing. holidays coming up feb next year would like to be able to go for hikes and eat lots of random stuff without worrying about getting fat again.

can feel my heart pumping hard when doing dead-lifts/compounds but no real sweating compared to my normal 15 mins cardio with 3-5 1 mins sprints in between.

typical week involves
M - PTC max effort
T - cardio
W - PTC -20% lighter weight then normal extra sets 4 instead of 3, + 2-3 random misc exercises.
T- Cardio
F - PTC - normal weights
S - Rest
S - Rest light cardio and fasting 24 hours

Last edited:
I honestly think that there is only a very small handful of people who really understand the concept of H.I.T.

Myself included.