• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pain in my chest when Benching

Stevo82

The last two gym sessions have seen me with a increasing pain in my left pec when benching, at 60kg it was all good then I loaded to 90kg and got some pain, backed off to 80kg and was still there but only for the first 2 reps of the set. The pain dissapears straight away and I feel no soreness after. My instinct tells me to give it a break from bench for a week or two. What does everyone else think?

The last two gym sessions have seen me with a increasing pain in my left pec when benching, at 60kg it was all good then I loaded to 90kg and got some pain, backed off to 80kg and was still there but only for the first 2 reps of the set. The pain dissapears straight away and I feel no soreness after. My instinct tells me to give it a break from bench for a week or two. What does everyone else think?

Follow your instinct in addition to applying ice massages and attempting to find out where/why you've developed such an issue suddenly. Also, your jump from 60kg to 90kg may be a bit on the high side considering we've been having cold weather lately.

See if inclines give you the same issue and if not, then drop the flat for inclines and declines instead.

Fadi.

Fadi, thanks incline works well with no pain I will give it a few sessions and try flat again. Your right a bit of a jump considering 90 is my 5rm, definitly not the weather though I live in one of the hottest places in Australia.

Cheers Steve

Fadi, thanks incline works well with no pain I will give it a few sessions and try flat again. Your right a bit of a jump considering 90 is my 5rm, definitly not the weather though I live in one of the hottest places in Australia.

Cheers Steve

Not a problem Steve. Please don't be concerned if you have to abandon flat bench for good since it does have a habit of giving lifters shoulder trouble.

I looked below your avatar expecting "NT" but saw "WA" instead. I didn't know that WA was as warm/hot as the Northern end Steve! Have a top day mate.

Fadi.