• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pain after workout

Mickdog

I am currently using Fadi's beginners program 3 day fullbody workout. My only question is that I am getting some pain in my quads from the squats and was wondering if I should train when my muscles still have pain or I should wait until they have fully recovered?

Push through it if you think you can. Mind over body, your body can handle much more than you think.

It could be technique issue, what's your form like?

After 48 hours of performing a particular exercise that you are not accustomed to, the pain will be at it's most, after that time, pain subsides quickly and should not be felt again.

If you are constantly feeling pain, you are either not doing enough, regularly, or, you are doing it wrong.

Push through it if you think you can. Mind over body, your body can handle much more than you think.

It could be technique issue, what's your form like?

Form is very good as far as I can see and I have asked others. Just my quads and the pain isn't anything other than what you get when muscle is trying to rebuild.

Should I wait for the muscle to rebuild itself which would mean I may need an extra day to recover or should I simply continue.

I trained through it today without a problem and my reps increased so I can move up in weight so its not affecting my progress. I do have goals of increasing muscle mass though and by continueing traing while my muscle recovers would hurt that progress though I think?

Olympic weightlifters training 6 times a week, twice a day. I think you will be fine squatting three times a week mate!!

Maybe your not eating enough? Have you ever played sport? Has your body ever experienced exertion before? It can take a while for the body to adapt!

I think you'll be fine, my quads were sore after i first started squatting, after a week or so of sqatting my quads adapted.

Mick, in all of my weightlifting years, the only time my legs ever got sore was when I've come back from the Christmas break. Other than that, zero pain...whilst front squatting 4x, back squatting x1 and indirect squatting no less than 25x/week. You'll be fine I'm sure.

Fadi.

Fadi what do you mean by indirect squatting?

And im sure once you answer that question I'll ask what are the benefits of it lol, so I'll save your time and ask both questions at once...

Daniel...

Fadi what do you mean by indirect squatting?

And im sure once you answer that question I'll ask what are the benefits of it lol, so I'll save your time and ask both questions at once...

Daniel...

Cleans, snatch balances, clean from hang, snatch from hang, clean & jerks, snatches. Basically all the bits and pieces that go to make up the two competition lifts Daniel whilst taking you below parallel level.

Fadi.