• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PA introducing raw division?

Dancelot

I've heard from various PA lifters that PA will introduce a raw division soon. Is this something that's already under way or are they just throwing the idea out there for consideration?

Really, they'd be stupid not to I think. Raw seems to be taking off........ big time.
Posted via Mobile Device

That'd be fantastic, Paul!

Scott, yeah it's taking off, definitely! PA comps in Melbourne could easily get dozens more lifters straight away if they introduced raw now. The stronger guys who lift seriously in my gym (before I joined the PL club) all said that they'd be keen to do raw, but they have zero interest in equipments.

Personally I think there will be an increase in memberships but it won't be as big as what everyone is hoping.....the main factor being the ASC/ASADA sanctioning meaning that average gym joe wont be able to take his BSN megaJack3dNoXplodeTesticularoidBeffcake 4000 (which makes him heaps more stronger as FLEX says so) anymore as it will more than likely fail a doping test.

I think we'll also find that most of the top equipped lifters will still be at the top raw..

Personally I think there will be an increase in memberships but it won't be as big as what everyone is hoping.....the main factor being the ASC/ASADA sanctioning meaning that average gym joe wont be able to take his BSN megaJack3dNoXplodeTesticularoidBeffcake 4000 (which makes him heaps more stronger as FLEX says so) anymore as it will more than likely fail a doping test.

I think we'll also find that most of the top equipped lifters will still be at the top raw..

I agree. But that wouldnt stop me competing. As long as I do better than I did before, as long as I meet new people, and as long as I have a good time, Id lift no matter where I placed.

I agree. But that wouldnt stop me competing. As long as I do better than I did before, as long as I meet new people, and as long as I have a good time, Id lift no matter where I placed.

Sticky IMO the real issue would be in the OTC supps used by "average joe" which may result in a failed doping test IAW ASADA sanctioning. As tested athletes we have to be extremely carefull with what we take and ensure that every ingredient is checked against the prohibited list before throwing it down our gullet. Prohobited items aren't isolated to synthetics.

Ignorance is no defence at the sports tribunal...

Best news in quite a while, well done PA

Mac has been the driving force behind this movement, so well done Mac for being a pain in Mr Wilks' side for such a long time....I think the 1st sanctioned raw comp in PA should be appropriately titled "The Macmad Open"

Sticky IMO the real issue would be in the OTC supps used by "average joe" which may result in a failed doping test IAW ASADA sanctioning. As tested athletes we have to be extremely carefull with what we take and ensure that every ingredient is checked against the prohibited list before throwing it down our gullet. Prohobited items aren't isolated to synthetics.

Ignorance is no defence at the sports tribunal...

Ah yeah, I see.
Well hopefully people will stop taking that crap and rather compete :).

yeah it is official. It is happening. Raw divisions will be available this year and its likely there will be a raw nationals by next year.

CAPO has no presence in Sydney yet, PA are far more organized there.

That is brilliant news Steve. Are you going raw?

CAPO are not interested in raw Nationals, this will ultimately bring about there demise.

Too many old fogies are terrified only 9 lifters are going to roll up to their equipped nationals.

The recent CAPO nationals had over twice as many raw versus equipped lifters. They should be calling the shots, not the minority.

PA will pull away by a long margin again from CAPO with their forward thinking right off the bat.

In World Competitions, we have raw AND equipped championships.

Nationals should be no different. I posted up on the CAPO website, of which I no longer post on, and everyone(all equipped) came out against a raw Nationals.

Who the f u c k are they to decide whether a raw lifter should have his own nationals.

The equipped mentality at CAPO caused my numbers from PTC to be down around another 8 or so lifters at the Nats.

They may not post on the CAPO forum, but they read it. Making the majority feel like second hand citizens is a great way to bring down a federation.

PA are going the right way from day one.

Markos - does this mean that you/your lifters will lift with PA from now on?

From purely a business standpoint - very smart move from these guys...

Will have to let some of the guys know!