• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

P90X Program

Mat77

I was flicking through Foxtel the other day and saw this on the Shopping Network. The name P90X meant nothing to me, so i decided to check it out.

For those that dont know, it is a 90 day workout to get "ripped and shredded". Yes another one lol. So I looked into it a bit further, there are a heap of videos of peoples results on You tube. I dont know how, but a copy of the Chest and Back workout has somehow made it onto my computer ;).

It is about an hour long full of mainly body weight exercises using high reps and minimal breaks. While its not for me as i want to get bigger yet, it looks promising if you want to cut or do some cardio on off days, or even just for a bit of a change here and there.

Any of you guys seen or heard about this? Or has anybody used / know someone who has used this program? I have taken all the stuff i have read and seen with a grain of salt, but am intrigued.

Im going to give it a go tonight for a bit of a laugh, will post the results.

Cheers, Mat

yeh i've heard a bit about it. looks pretty good for someone looking to get cut, or some one who wanted general fitness.
ive seen some good results on bb.com.

yeah i managed to download it other day.. 13gigs LOL

havent yet tried it..

But i have noticed u get ripped BUT becuse there isnt any heavy lifting the muscle bellies on the test subjects seem thin not like a typical BB cut where u keep a majority of your muscle size with the definition.

Its just another mild restistance based circuit training system.

If you want to be weak, thin but really fit then go for it.

i've seen in on the telly too. It looks somewhat of a cross-fit type of training. A little HIT cardio type of exercise.

for the soccer mum &/or stay at home dad who wants to 'tone up', it'd be great. whatever works

Modified the program a little to suit my needs. I cant take the pc out to the gym, so i watched it, wrote down the exercises and did it that way. On the dvd they do exercises for time, not reps, but for simplicity i did reps. I dont have anywhere to chin up, so i did lat pulldowns with 40kg. dumbells i used 7.5kg. Wasnt really sure what to begin with. Did 15 reps of everything one after the other without stopping except for the listed breaks as follows:

Standard push ups, Lat pulldowns, military pushups, overhand pulldowns, wide push ups, cg overhand pull downs, decline push ups, db bent over row, diamond push ups, db row, push ups, seated bent over flyes.
2 min break
Lat pulldown, push ups, overhand pulldowns, military push ups, cg overhand pulldowns, wide push ups, db bent over row, decline push ups, db row, diamond push ups, seated flyes, push ups.

All in all a decent workout. Not about to use it for my routine, but a good workout anyway. Got a hell of a sweat going and heart was pumping. Will stick with my 3 heavy full body days and will use this on the ocassional off day for a good cardio hit out.

Cheers, Mat

This is just another marketing ploy to get you to spend your money. If you do your research it is not hard to get big or ripped. It just takes ALOT of dedication and hard work.

To me Matt, it seems to be counter productive to your goals. The excersizes you have done are mainly fluff. I bet it felt nothing like a good Deadlift or Squat session. I can see the point in using it for cardio, though we have a thread on this site by Fadi that gives you the same sort of stuff.

If you really want to smash the cardio Matt, TABATA!!

Hey matt your in toowoomba aren't you? I have the whole set. Let me know if you want it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well guys,I`m going to shoot myself in the foot.I have developed a program guaranteed to get results in 90 days.I could be making a fortune on this but seeing as I am such a good bloke I`ll let all you AUSBB.com members in on the secret for free!That`s right free!If you get results in 90 days all I ask is you throw a bit of cash my way - proportional to your results!
All you need is access to weights,a good diet and a good attitude.That`s it!
You work out hard 3-4 days a week.Eat tons of good good.And keep at it.
There you have it!
Continue for another 90 days to get continuing results.

Well guys,I`m going to shoot myself in the foot.I have developed a program guaranteed to get results in 90 days.I could be making a fortune on this but seeing as I am such a good bloke I`ll let all you AUSBB.com members in on the secret for free!That`s right free!If you get results in 90 days all I ask is you throw a bit of cash my way - proportional to your results!
All you need is access to weights,a good diet and a good attitude.That`s it!
You work out hard 3-4 days a week.Eat tons of good good.And keep at it.
There you have it!
Continue for another 90 days to get continuing results.

I'm buying an informercial time slot as we speak , going to make a killing out of that program

here's another good program....

go from eating 10 donuts a day to 9....do that for 2 weeks & i PROMISE you'll get weight loss results!!

I`ll make the down payment on the condo in the Bahamas!

Your program just needs a name as the biggest diets like the South Beach and the Zone have names. Perhaps call yours the Bahamas Diet.

If I give you my credit card number, will you throw in one of those ab swingy things on TV at the moment? Because in three minutes a day I can be totally awesome and do it while I'm watching tele.

(I called an informercial company once when it was flogging that piece of shit, and the customer service rep got cranky that I had just called to say it was a waste of time and the earth's resources and they were environmental vandals. Don't know why he got angry.)

I didn't buy the program. I did obtain it however. I do have a brilliant weights program and my continual football training provides great fitness and gains. My diet covers everything to keep me healthy and maintain my muscle growth. I do have a friend that has competed in bb comps who uses px90 for heavy cardio sessions... I did listen to him when he said come do one once a week for that edge on the football field with fitness and strength. I am extremely happy with what that programs offers along with it's training and nutrition diary. I did not hop on a forum and bag something out I haven't done before. Try it! It's like hiit x3... Harder then 100 burpees.. Easy to rag out because it was sold over a tv add..

Edit: i would never recommend someone do this program for muscle gaining, I would never recommend this to someone who needed to loose weight, I would recomend it to someone who wanted a change from 100 burpees every once in a little while, to someone who wanted a real good core workout, to someone who is open minded that a little extra training whether it be sold on danoz direct or not can help with their fitness
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
I don't even do the program for one. A friend of mine who is a sports teacher takes his kids through them and he does them with me too. I'm sure the developers would much preffer me sharing my experience saying what a good tough workout it was rather then bad mouthing something I have never done before. Forums... If I came and wrote a topic saying how pleased I was with muscletech creakic and you had something to say I mite listen, but when people try and say that 40 minutes of good solid hard high intensity sweat dripping workouts are a waste of time... I think... Idiots! Once again I would not condone this program myself as I am after size gains but if I have access to mixing it up a little... Getting away from "routine" then I'll do it and I'll defend it because I enjoyed it
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Your right Gaucheharbor it would definately not be recommended for a bodybuilding or strength building program (100% of people on here) so they will of course act negatively to it. I think it would be fine for a hard session for an athlete wanting something different to train for a while or a regular Joe who trains to be thinner not bigger. I also hate these types of programs (not this specifically but all danoz exercise programs etc) as they are intended to make money fast so they use a lot of marketing crap in their exercises that has no reason to be in there but trick people. Therefore I'm sceptical of them all (much like everyone on here). Sadly you also posted this in the bodybuilding training section so it is initially going to be thought of as a bodybuilding program from the start.l
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't post this. Bodybuilders do have cutting phases in their programs I'm sure if you look around the forum you can find some info on that. once again you obviously haven't seen the program, allot of fat Americans have turned their life around doing this. I would not recomended this program as I follow a strength training programs but I can't argue with results. If it works for some people who are we to tell them different. The motivational side of that program is very impressive, far more motivational then some programs out there. Just remember this is not an ab swing, it takes hard work and diet in any succesful program.
Posted via Mobile Device

Some of my mates are on this program, over a month in. I haven't really seen them get any fitter or less fat, but at least they're doing something instead of drinking beer & eating chips.

The biggest problem I've seen so far is that they seem to hate exercising and consider this a necessary evil, and have got the wrong attitude that all they need is to finish 90 days of P90X and they'll be good for life.

Sorry dude I thought you posted it. I have seen it my friend keeps trying to do it and keeps quitting. And as I stated it's fine for a sedentary individual whose interests are better quality of life, increased fitness and some less fat. Not generally for the lifters on here.
Posted via Mobile Device