• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
no, I am a supporter of drug free sport, that is why I wrote article. I do aths which is drug tested, so don't know what you are on about. There are plenty of people outside PA that are not interested in drug use.

The Aust govt is a joke with regard to powerlifting, and merely wastes public resources. It should lift its game, rather than merely prop up PA.

But why should I have an opinion, I did not do maths. Please do not read my stuff, will not be up to your iq.

Very good; identify wastage, advise on policy and wait for something to change because change is self-fluxing when somebody writes it up. Not. Best thing I ever did was sack a strategic adviser.

well good for you. I simply offer my best effort to describe reality of powerlifting in response to accusations from Wilks that differences in sport are merely over drugs, and that CAPO is full of criminals.

what govt does is its business, but I argue that govt policy has been a failure. what perhaps $1.2 million of funding for tests over 6 years, and just 500 members. And the fact that PA barely has half of powerlifters. I say no to free handouts. Earn your funds, or get lost.

Tomorrow my opinion piece will be published, and defenders of the status quo can go for their lives.

well good for you. I simply offer my best effort to describe reality of powerlifting in response to accusations from Wilks that differences in sport are merely over drugs, and that CAPO is full of criminals.

what govt does is its business, but I argue that govt policy has been a failure. what perhaps $1.2 million of funding for tests over 6 years, and just 500 members. And the fact that PA barely has half of powerlifters. I say no to free handouts. Earn your funds, or get lost.

Tomorrow my opinion piece will be published, and defenders of the status quo can go for their lives.

Ya ya ya blah blah twaddle and rot.

PA managed to gain federal support and therefore has credibility. Oh cry havoc - someone opines that resources haven't been efficiently metered so that means GPC/CAPO are the right target organisations for federal funding. And - here we go- because resources have been misallocated, any suggestions of PED use in the other organisations are not credible.

no, no federal funding, unless feds agree to testing.

But, i would argue for an education strategy to all feds and sports to highlight the flaws of drug use, say health reasons and so on. I don't see what is achieved by assisting some, and ignoring the others completely.

And I would also advocate the ASC having an interest in powerlifting, and why it so divided. If you don't understand the sport, how can you improve it?

So where's this opinion piece that was supposed to be published today?

bit rude there kyle? I don't like that word 'supposed'.

I have just sent to two editors. I will post link later when it goes up. I may even have to wait a few days, as online sites may have previous commitments, or my piece might not be good enough.

I found it interesting that PA has higher membership costs than IPF affiliates in the US, Canada, and GB, although the latter three all pay for their own drug tests.

Yep. It's up to $160 for this year. $150 last year. Not sure what the sub junior or pensioner rate is. Costs of comps went up last year too plus there is now a $5 entry fee for non lifters.

Yep. It's up to $160 for this year. $150 last year. Not sure what the sub junior or pensioner rate is. Costs of comps went up last year too plus there is now a $5 entry fee for non lifters.

our comps are still free for spectators - I don't think anyone would show up otherwise lol

The new member card is colourful. Glad they took the photos off - now someone decent can lift under my name.