• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Overcoming progress frustrations

For me lifting has nothing to do with anyone else. I could not give a shit how big someone else is or what anyone thinks. I just love hitting PBs. Each workout I look at the lifts I am doing and pick at least one and try to hit some sort of PB.

For me lifting has nothing to do with anyone else. I could not give a shit how big someone else is or what anyone thinks. I just love hitting PBs. Each workout I look at the lifts I am doing and pick at least one and try to hit some sort of PB.

Yep that's me all over. My motivation comes from within which is why I never give up or stop working hard at it even if I feel discouraged with where I'm at.
My original point was really more about maintaining enough self-belief to avoid negative self-talk etc.
Cos seriously, none of us need that.

Last year my progress stalled twice, I was dieting and I plateaued at 68kgs and 63kgs.
It was frustrating because I couldn't work any harder and couldn't rip anymore calories out of my diet. The first time, I took time off work to do extra gym sessions. I crashed and burned and it sent me into weeks of binge eating. From this I regrouped myself, the binge was prolly what I needed because my weightloss kickstarted again, so when I plateaued at 63kgs, I increased my calories for a week and gradually rekickstarted again.
It really comes down to knowing what your body is crying for, and different circumstances call for different measures. We dont always know what it is but its part of our journey to our goals, and that part of discovery about ourselves that we find we never knew. The body is a complex being :)

Last year my progress stalled twice, I was dieting and I plateaued at 68kgs and 63kgs.
It was frustrating because I couldn't work any harder and couldn't rip anymore calories out of my diet. The first time, I took time off work to do extra gym sessions. I crashed and burned and it sent me into weeks of binge eating. From this I regrouped myself, the binge was prolly what I needed because my weightloss kickstarted again, so when I plateaued at 63kgs, I increased my calories for a week and gradually rekickstarted again.
It really comes down to knowing what your body is crying for, and different circumstances call for different measures. We dont always know what it is but its part of our journey to our goals, and that part of discovery about ourselves that we find we never knew. The body is a complex being :)

not just deep, also wise :)