• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Opinions on 5/3/1 boring but big?

Lots of guys have run this with good results.
Give it a go 'dog.

Sent from Pluto Space Station

Been pussie footing around for the last couple of month not knowing what to do, and going a bit stale with my training lacking direction.

Seen this last night, read up on it and worked out my percentages, starting this TODAY, as soon as I get home from work this arvo. :)

Will even start logging my workouts again, this has given me a new direction in my training.

Thanks for posting the link. Looking forward to starting this tonight. :)

out of curiosity on average how long does each session take?

All up around an hour or so - the main work sets + BBB though dont take long at all usually as I find there isnt much rest required for the first 2 sets or the BBB sets. could be in n out in half an hour easily.

im on a "get stronger" :p

im a fat fuck who should be cutting but doesn't care about being a fat fucker so instead lifts weights for the sake of lifting weights and takes any fat loss (which is happening) as a bonus :p

im on a "get stronger" :p

im a fat fuck who should be cutting but doesn't care about being a fat fucker so instead lifts weights for the sake of lifting weights and takes any fat loss (which is happening) as a bonus :p

LOL.. good job. Will look into it as i need a change. thanks.

Ran this for a while with good results. Don't let the light weights for the 5x10 fool you..

Might give this a whirl, instead of just doing a random combination of bench, curl, rows, deads every other day.

Don't people find these are bottom heavy though. When I done SS, I ended up needing new jeans, cos legs go so big, plus got a bit fat. While arms didn't grow a whole lot lol...

Just completed my first workout.:)

To be honest it seems too easy.:confused::(

Will stick with it for a while and see how it goes, as I think once the dead lifts and squats start I will change my tune.:rolleyes:

Try the 5x5 @ 80% of your training max for your BBB sets mate, if your chasing strength i personally find this is a lot better than the 5x10 @ 50%.

This is one of the new methods he talks about in his new beyond 531 book, its a good read def get a hold of a copy.

Try the 5x5 @ 80% of your training max for your BBB sets mate, if your chasing strength i personally find this is a lot better than the 5x10 @ 50%.

This is one of the new methods he talks about in his new beyond 531 book, its a good read def get a hold of a copy.

Worth the $$ ?

I reckon it is, he has added quite a few new concepts and some interesting program setups if you want a challenge.

Well that would be tough,

Funny thing is I read more last night and can see how it gets harder after the first week and how the bb sets will get harder as the weight gets added.

Another thing is I can feel every muscle I worked today more so than I have in the last six month, which is confusing as the workout seemed easier than any other I have done in the last two years, I been feeling pumped all day, and feel bigger and leaner:confused:

Will do the 3 x 5 dead lifts this arvo followed by bb 5 x 10 squats, I think it will be a short but tough workout.

dont forget that the last work set each day you should be aiming for rep PRs every time too so its not 3x5 but 2x5, 1x5+