• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Onions?!?

Lol I'd like to see Fadi's response on it. So it seems that the onions did something to rats, but what it does to humans is a whole other story which i'd like to know about.

Who's game to guinea pig themselves into doing a log? :D:D:D:D

If no one wants to guinea pig, then I guess i'll have to do it.. but not just yet.

I have a blood test to go for next week. My doctor did request for a baseline testosterone level (androgen index derived from LH, as she labeled it). So I should really only be starting it after that.

Lol I'd like to see Fadi's response on it. So it seems that the onions did something to rats, but what it does to humans is a whole other story which i'd like to know about.

Who's game to guinea pig themselves into doing a log? :D:D:D:D

Raw onions make me hallucinate or have nightmares (if sleeping). I have to be careful. Onions carry a very powerful punch within their chemicals makeup.

Fadi.

The alliums have a fascinating history among myth and folklore. The ancient Egyptians implanted onions into the cavities of the dead in the hope that onions' properties would stimulate the dead into breathing. And the Welsh wielded leeks as part of their battle strategies and identification of leek-less enemies. And we all know how good garlic is at repelling vampires and other malevolent creatures :).

I have no idea about onions' testosterone-boosting capability -- how many onions would a human need to consume every day to get 0.5g/kg juice if the rat result is extrapolated? Get your calculator out, BoyFromAus, and let us know how you go? :D

Last edited:
well if liquified onion is about the same density as water (and I think it would be more dense than water), then 1g should equate to 1mL.

So I weigh 71kg, so that's 36mL of onion juice a day. Doesn't sound too difficult eh...

^^ Good idea,

I love onions

Remmeber there is more to life then FAT/CARB/PROTEIN intake..

well if liquified onion is about the same density as water (and I think it would be more dense than water), then 1g should equate to 1mL.

So I weigh 71kg, so that's 36mL of onion juice a day. Doesn't sound too difficult eh...

This is going to be fun! How are you going to monitor your testosterone levels? :D

I love onions too and garlic and ginger, but it makes your breath bad.

Ok i just tried this

1 big onion makes ~150ml

Like a dickhead instead of drinking 0.5grams/kg i did 1.5 grams lol as i weigh 100kg

30 seconds later i was spewing up

feel pretty shit at the moment, shitloads of saliva was pouring out of my mouth too

edit: didnt throw up all the juice, so ill give an update ltr on. My stomach is hating me at the moment

Last edited:
Ok feeling better now

I still taste oinion even other brushing my teeth, 2 times
I smell onions, even if im smelling something else
My juicer has this 'contaminated feel' about it now
Im pretty sure i offended a few people when i went out 2 jours ago with the smell coming out my mouth and seeping out my poors
I have a slightly altered state of mind, abit tired, this could be placebo

tips: Drink SLOWLY
Try mixing it with maybe apple juice
Your GF/wife will hate you lol

Last edited:
id imagine this would be a long term thing like implementing any sort of diet change there are no instant results..

Keep us posted.

Ok i just tried this

1 big onion makes ~150ml

Like a dickhead instead of drinking 0.5grams/kg i did 1.5 grams lol as i weigh 100kg

30 seconds later i was spewing up

feel pretty shit at the moment, shitloads of saliva was pouring out of my mouth too

edit: didnt throw up all the juice, so ill give an update ltr on. My stomach is hating me at the moment

I missed this update -- so sorry the experiment didn't go to plan!

ok, i started this today... experimented with 1 onion over 1 meal.

*!wuueerrrrh*

stomach is bloated, nose is watering, eyes are watering

so let's try again some other time. And i'll split it in 6 or 7