• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

One Arm Powerlifter James Spurgin

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
In 2006, James Spurgin was involved in a motorcycle accident that left him without the use of his right arm. After learning to live with one functioning arm, he eventually took up the sport of powerlifting. Now nicknamed The One Armed Bandit, James is putting up some tremendous numbers with just one arm.

1185 lbs @ 239lbs bw

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn-mKihi-QA]James "the one armed bandit" Spurgin - SPF Ohio State Meet 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

That is one of the best vids I have seen in a long time!! Absolutely amazing. 700, 170,315... Mind blown

As inspiring as that video was - did he reach legal depth on those squats?

I was gonna say the same thing but thought I was just being a slack prick I mean he has 1 arm who gives a shit about his depth. But you know what fuck it, it's not like he is squatting with 1 leg. I say get that arse down or it doesn't count.

If there is a fed that passes squats like that I am going to compete in it 180kg squat here I come.

I was gonna say the same thing but thought I was just being a slack prick I mean he has 1 arm who gives a shit about his depth. But you know what fuck it, it's not like he is squatting with 1 leg. I say get that arse down or it doesn't count.

If there is a fed that passes squats like that I am going to compete in it 180kg squat here I come.

hahha... You're an honest guy, I give you that much.

I tell you what though, while he didn't quite lock out that last bench press, try pressing anything approaching heavy with one hand in the middle of the bar. Blow that.

Just PLEASE, please please please... Video it if you do.