• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Olympian's diet

Sydking

The breakfasts of champions

I take news articles with a grain of salt.. But these diets!!!! Come one, 12 yr old kids eat better then that.

No wonder why the need to jucie to get there game up.

Ive always belived they would have full time nutritionist, or atleat someone with some knowedge in food?

The breakfasts of champions

I take news articles with a grain of salt.. But these diets!!!! Come one, 12 yr old kids eat better then that.

No wonder why the need to jucie to get there game up.

Ive always belived they would have full time nutritionist, or atleat someone with some knowedge in food?

majority of thoes are 1 serve of protien per day, Lucky to be 50g i rekon

Some of those diets are very low in protein although they aren't really specifying the quantities.

Just had a look over on the AIS website.

AIS Increasing Muscle Mass said:
To gain muscle mass effectively, a positive energy balance of at least 2000-4000 kilojoules per day is required. This calls for a general increase in dietary intake. However, carbohydrate is the first nutrient to focus on, since muscle must be fuelled to do the training to stimulate muscles to grow. It is also important for athletes trying to gain muscle mass to meet their increased protein needs, but huge protein intakes are not required. In most cases, a high-energy diet that provides 1.2-2g of protein per kilogram of body mass will ensure that protein needs are met. These protein intakes are easily met by consuming a varied diet that meets your energy needs. Consuming protein above this level does not have an anabolic effect. Excess protein will be oxidised as an energy source and may contribute to gains in body fat. Very high protein diets displace other important nutrients from the diet and can be a source of saturated fat. Although it is important to achieve energy needs, a high-energy diet should not be seen as an excuse for gluttony. Excess consumption of high-fat foods can lead to excessive energy intake, and a greater risk of gaining fat mass rather than muscle.

why does it feel to me like they spoke to 50 athletes and cherry-picked the 5 that eat sanitarium products for breakfast?

itd be safe to say those eating plans are probably changed because of sanitarium sponsoring the athletes.

You also have advertising to blame for some of the stupid things we do when we are young and much dumber.

In my late teens the nutrigrain ads would claim all the nutrients and protein growing young bodies need, to me back then that meant if i ate nutrigrain i would be getting all the nutritional value i need, i did about a whole weeks worth of just nutrigrain 5-6 times a day. In my efforts to become an ironman like those seen in the ad.

To young people ads like this are misleading and make you do stupid things just like what i did. I did lose some weight from memory, but looking back at it now it was probably all muscle tissue a little bit of water and a small amount of body fat.