• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Olympia 2012

Now the US has decided to destroy the record ofLance Armstrong, one of sports greatest champions, i am hoping its govt gets serious and starts randomly testing all major pro sports in the US, including bb's.

Why is it the US's fault? Do we know for sure he didn't take anything? No.

With regards to testing pro bodybuilders, there is no point testing IFBB pros as obviously they are using to get that big. Im not quite certain but i dont think the government can demand testing within the IFBB federation. Again the IFBB would not exist if they were all natural.

I would like to think the government could spend more time preventing things like rape, murders etc.

Not saying US's fault, just saying that all sports shoudl be treated equally.

If we are to target olympic and fitness sports, i see no reason why any major professional sport (I assume the IFBB is also one) can be immunse from such societal pressure.

Who knows, we may even get some more pleasing types of physiques with a lot less health dangers.

Personal opinion, i think most people would think some of these top bb's look ridiculous, i do. Most know there freaky size if due to drugs, when in the past they did not

Personal opinion, i think most people would think some of these top bb's look ridiculous, i do. Most know there freaky size if due to drugs, when in the past they did not

Sorry but thats bs.
BB's have been using performance enhancing drugs for at least the last 30 years

Not saying US's fault, just saying that all sports shoudl be treated equally.

If we are to target olympic and fitness sports, i see no reason why any major professional sport (I assume the IFBB is also one) can be immunse from such societal pressure.

Who knows, we may even get some more pleasing types of physiques with a lot less health dangers.

Some good points Spartacus.

of course they have, but drugs in sport only became much more well known since 1988.

When i was traning i had no idea that drugs was rampant in sport. Only woke up in my late 20's.

In any case, bb should be treated same as any other sport, that is my key argument. Fair is fair.

Last edited:
Sorry but thats bs.
BB's have been using performance enhancing drugs for at least the last 30 years

Yeh but back then they didn't look like the side of a mountain. Compare frank zane or Arnold to ronnie Coleman, but then they were a lot easier on the eyes.

would rather look like Zane or arnold anyday that today's bb's, although recognse that they also were in drug use era (more mild).

would rather look like Zane or arnold anyday that today's bb's, although recognse that they also were in drug use era (more mild).

Yeah Arnold is def my fav. Yes he used but they only had limited stuff to choose from, good whole foods, no over marketed unnecessary supplements etc. Good era of bb.

But Arnie used roids too. Its just that the drugs of choice have changed. HGH contributes to that ninja turtle belly look & some of these current guys are just beasts because of the drugs.

The nature of the sport has changed too. They're expected (& rewarded) for being mass monsters, freaks of nature. They get there with hard, disciplined work and the assistance of drugs to help them grow beyond their genetic potential. Simple as that. Its known & accepted within the sport at the IFBB level.

You won't find a 'natural' competing at the O.

Other sports are different, because performance enhancing drugs don't make for a level playing field. Lance Armstrong & many others, are seen as 'cheats'. Where as that O line up? Well you can be assured each & every one of those lads, has absolutely pushed beyond their genetic potential with steroids & HGH. That is why they are able to compete for the title of Mr Olympia. lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349307823.568515.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349307830.453441.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349307848.862083.jpg

They are beasts ^

Naturals

dusygydu.jpg

yza8e9yj.jpg

Last edited:
Just a rediculous arguement, IFBB are not trying to join forces with WADA ro ASADA, they will never drug test for obvious reasons, as much as some would like to think BBing may one day be a mainstream sport it will never be due to the drug use. As a mainstream sport cycling, boxing, MMA, football, basketball whatever, will all be part of a wider code which dictates it remains as drigs free as possible, hence ASADA or WADA testing.

Sure the closest thing may be the natural feds of bodybulding, but once again when there are feds which dont conduct drug tests and the people who compete are much bigger and shredded this will always remain more popular if for nothing else the freak aspect.

Bella, it comes down to whether you believe in drug testing or not; it is an issue i have thought about for many years.

I think all sports should have drug testing.

yes, we could isolate debate to top pros who all do the same and take the risk, but what about all the aspirant bbs who observe such behaviour and decide that they will do whatever it takes, thus spending a fortune and peraps puttinbg their bodies at risk.

I dont think that just because some want to see freaks is really that valid. Norms need to be applied across the board, or not all at all.

Whether it be professional wresling, bb, or the NFL, i dont see any difference if a govt and society is serious about what it is doing in terms of discouraging drug use.

if it is a ridiculous argument, then why dd the IFBB once implement drug testing (including for Mr Olympia).

Sure they reverted back to no drug rules because they shrank, but issue was once nd could again be put on table.

I knew a top bb pro once and he died of cancer at age of 50.

Last edited:
Drug testing in sport has nothing to do with the goverment, its got to do with the governing body. If the government had anythign to do with it then once an athlete tested positive surely they should be charged with something to do with illegal drug posession, or drug use or whatever...

As said the IFBB are not trying to become mainstream and drug tested they are creating their own destiny which is why there isnt much money in bodybuilding except coming from suppliment companies, sure there are a couple os exemptions with other main stream sponsors but this is more the exception.

MMA is becoming more mainstream and recognised by big commercial companies then bodybuilding will ever be.

I knew a top bb pro once and he died of cancer at age of 52.

Whats this got to do with anything, my mum died of cancer at 54, first got cancer 15yrs prior, she never used drugs or stepped on a bodybuilding stage, come to thing of it dont think she ever stepped foot in a gym...

Fair enough, just offering my opinion.

I will be interested to see how long pro wrestling and pro bb get away without stringent out-of comp testing now that great sports champions are being exposed.

Last edited:
Fair enough, just offering my opinion.

I will be interested to see how long pro wrestling and pro bb get away without stringent out-of comp testing now that great sports champions are being exposed.

Because they aren't selling themselves as drug free.

"Pro-wrestling" is a circus event/entertainment not a sport.

Are they are a "great sport champion" is they claimed to be drug free them were shown not to be (if either side can be believed) ?

Even then its a race between each sides chemists on developing new products and coming up with tests for those products.

so you dont think these types of articles could re-emerge?

USATODAY.com - High death rate lingers behind fun facade of pro wrestling

You dont thin the US govt may not have legitimate reasons?

This from Wikipedia which shows increasing attention to drugs in pro wrestling.

The Talent Wellness Program is a comprehensive drug, alcohol, and cardiac screening program initiated in February 2006, shortly after the sudden death of one of their highest profile talents, 38 year-old Eddie Guerrero.[51] The policy tests for recreational drug use and abuse of prescription medication, including anabolic steroids.[51] Under the guidelines of the policy, talent is also tested annually for pre-existing or developing cardiac issues. The drug testing is handled by Aegis Sciences Corporation. The cardiac evaluations are handled by New York Cardiology Associates P.C.[51]
After the double murder and suicide committed by one of its performers, Chris Benoit, with a possible link to steroids abuse encouraged by WWE, the United States House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform requested that WWE turn over any material regarding its talent wellness policy.[52]
In August 2007, the program was defended by WWE and its employees in the wake of several illegal pharmacy busts that linked WWE performers to steroid purchases even after the policy was put into place. Ten professional wrestlers were suspended for violating the Wellness Policy after reports emerged they were all customers of Signature Pharmacy in Orlando, Florida. According to a statement attributed to WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt, an eleventh wrestler was later added to the suspension list.[53][54][55]
Because of the Wellness Policy, physicians were able to diagnose one of its performers with a heart ailment that otherwise would have likely gone unnoticed until it was too late. In August 2007, then-reigning United States Champion Montel Vontavious Porter (real name Hassan Assad) was diagnosed with Wolff–Parkinson–White syndrome,[56] which can be potentially fatal if gone undiagnosed. The ailment was discovered while Assad was going through a routine Wellness Policy checkup.
On September 13, 2010, WWE updated their list of banned substances to include muscle relaxers.[57]

Last edited:
ifbb has drug testing.

Yeah Arnold is def my fav. Yes he used but they only had limited stuff to choose from, good whole foods, no over marketed unnecessary supplements etc. Good era of bb.

are you saying that he didn't use much steroids, or didn't have much options to the sorts of drugs they have now?

Now the US has decided to destroy the record ofLance Armstrong, one of sports greatest champions, i am hoping its govt gets serious and starts randomly testing all major pro sports in the US, including bb's.

I wonder how much ifbb pays to keep the goverment away

Whats this got to do with anything, my mum died of cancer at 54, first got cancer 15yrs prior, she never used drugs or stepped on a bodybuilding stage, come to thing of it dont think she ever stepped foot in a gym...

i think whats he is trying to say is, these drug abusers will die young

But Arnie used roids too. Its just that the drugs of choice have changed. HGH contributes to that ninja turtle belly look & some of these current guys are just beasts because of the drugs.

The nature of the sport has changed too. They're expected (& rewarded) for being mass monsters, freaks of nature. They get there with hard, disciplined work and the assistance of drugs to help them grow beyond their genetic potential. Simple as that. Its known & accepted within the sport at the IFBB level.

You won't find a 'natural' competing at the O.

Other sports are different, because performance enhancing drugs don't make for a level playing field. Lance Armstrong & many others, are seen as 'cheats'. Where as that O line up? Well you can be assured each & every one of those lads, has absolutely pushed beyond their genetic potential with steroids & HGH. That is why they are able to compete for the title of Mr Olympia. lol

u wot m8

Last edited: