• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Very good chance he won the 51' show as a natty. Very good chance. The later shows is anyones guess. He was a competitor. He wanted to win. So who knows.

Tim.

Along with reeves and Bill pearl and the like He might have been popping a dianobol or two a week but I'd say that most of his bodybuilding would have been steroid free, which is pretty cool

I think you may be right Tim, there is also a noticeable difference in his physique between the early 50's and mid 60's.

It is fact that Bill Pearl through Bob Hoffman bought dianobol back from Germany how much *He* used is subjective also.

Like you say though Goosey, most of their progress would have been pre-steroids with only minor gains if any later on and they all had great physiques. Pretty cool

c6fa8d0e81980a6cbcdfdc0df6b74cf4.jpg

How i think a BBer should look. Though not too much more trouble to get leaner, which obviously todays guys do.

Tim.

c6fa8d0e81980a6cbcdfdc0df6b74cf4.jpg

How i think a BBer should look. Though not too much more trouble to get leaner, which obviously todays guys do.

Tim.

many, many of us would have no idea (or appreciate) muscular Grimek was by today's standards and how he worked out.

But like most of the leviathans they not a direct result of their training.
these dudes are the 1%

Which is the main problem with this industry, the likes of Hoffman and Wieder made sure of that and the many that followed trying to make a buck.

How many of us picked up a magazine and wanted to look like Frank Zane?
And then followed his supposed (fictional) programs and supplements?

Maybe you guys don't know it, but Reg lived in South Africa from the early 1950s, not the US (which he only visited once early on). As such, his access to these drugs would have been very difficult. We didn't have steroids in S.A., period.

"standing at 6’2″ and competing between 230-250lbs, he was quite emphatically the biggest bodybuilder of the pre-steroid era."
http://www.gym-talk.com/the-reg-park-story/

Reg was the first bodybuilder – and the second person ever – to bench press 500lbs.

What Reg Park achieved, without the use of anabolic steroids, emphatically cements his place in the pantheon of bodybuilding immortals.

He is a testament to what the human physique can achieve without chemical enhancement.

His was a physique borne exclusively out of hard work, not a dependence on drugs.

I will say this though: having seen the teenage body of his son, Jon Jon, who was incredibly well muscled and defined, more than any other guy I knew, even though he was a swimmer and not bodybuilder himself, I will acknowledge that the GENETICS of these men is very important. Even without bodybuilding, Reg would have been a massive, well muscled guy. You don't get like that just through hard work alone.

Last edited:
that is bb, very subjective. i think bill pill is also a bit blocky, but still pretty good by anyone's standards.

Just a heads up to all members here: my thread about the poor delivery from the seller, who is also a sponsor here, was deleted without explanation. Just thought you guys should know what kind of forum this is.

I posted a thread accurately describing the poor delivery I received from this sponsor. The thread was deleted without explanation. :mad:
I see you're not impressed and that's understandable. If I may (again), I would suggest you email Gym Direct and tell them you want the bar you've bought exchanged for a new one that has not been damaged through a mishap by their courier driver. If they refuse the obvious, take it further.

For the record: I had bit of a public "discussion" with you on the forum where I said that these bars are made to fall on their sleeves. You then clarified for me (accurately/correctly I might add), that "yes Fadi you're right, but the bar fell head on, which caused the needle bearing to rattle a bit, and the damaged side's sleeve does not have the same spin on it as the undamaged side"...something to that effect was your explanation to me.

Personally, I would call Amy (a rep from Gym Direct) and explain to her what exactly happened and what it is that you would like done. If this happened to me, I would not keep the bar nor would I expect Gym Direct to refuse an exchange of a new bar.

Thanks again for the advice, Fadi. There is now mention of lawsuits and defamation by the admin here, which, to be polite, is nonsense (my son is a lawyer and I know all about Australian defamation law). The description I gave of the delivery and the photos were all entirely factual. If someone sues you for defamation, knowing there is no defamation, it is known as frivolous litigation, and the courts take a VERY dim view of it. In law, frivolous litigation is the practice of starting or carrying on lawsuits that, due to their lack of legal merit, have little to no chance of being won. Such litigants are known as "vexatious". Vexatious litigation is legal action which is brought, regardless of its merits, solely to harass or subdue an adversary. It may take the form of a primary frivolous lawsuit or may be the repetitive, burdensome, and unwarranted filing of meritless motions in a matter which is otherwise a meritorious cause of action.

Should Gym Direct engage in this behaviour, they open themselves up to hefty penalities in the Australian courts. I'm sure their lawyers will be quick to advise them of this.

Bottom line, the admin here should have stood his ground.

Back to the matter in hand, I have written to Gym Direct again, for the third time, on this issue, and still received no response. Because several other people here have mentioned that bars sent by Gym Direct were badly packed (check old posts here for verification), I wrote to them even before they sent me the package, and requested that the bars be properly and securely packaged, and I was assured they would be ... but they were not. I have suggested that they supply me with a properly packaged bar, and when I am happy, I will return the damaged bar to them at their expense. If this is not acceptable, my deleted message will appear in numerous places elsewhere on the 'net. I will not be bullied or intimidated.

Last edited: