• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

offal

Liver: more nutrition than any other food on the planet. 'specially for bro's.

Tripe: That chit is so good. In white sauce with leeks or the Dim Sum style with chilli.

Tongue: Nothing like tongue sandwich. So good. Lamb or ox or whatever.

Kidneys: not to my liking but high in ebberting. Swoleness lives here. Good with lamb shanks and tongues turned into brawn (stewed and chilled meat minced and set into a mould).

Brains: I don't like the texture but good chit.

There is a reason why predators go for the guts first. More nutrition than flesh. Killer whales kill whales to eat the tongue only. Polar bears kill seals and eat the guts and fat, leaving most of the meat for Arctic foxes and arctic bird species.

Get dat chit in yer. Gainz be waitin'. Put on 50% to your deadlift.

Liver: more nutrition than any other food on the planet. 'specially for bro's.

Yep, but stay away from dog liver, otherwise you'll end up like Xavier Mertz on the Mawson Antarctic expedition (dead from Vitamin A poisoning) - same goes for seal liver, so you're safe!

Tripe: That chit is so good. In white sauce with leeks or the Dim Sum style with chilli.

Yep, pretty much pure protein - they get rid of everything else in the processing before it gets to the butcher shop (you wouldn't want to see it before ...)

Tongue: Nothing like tongue sandwich. So good. Lamb or ox or whatever.

Last time I had tongue (ox), I thought it felt very fatty.

When I first started out trying to muscle-build, many years ago, I would eat tinned lamb tongues. I don't know if you can get them any more.

Kidneys: not to my liking but high in ebberting.

I like them - lamb ones cut in half and fried/BBQed, or beef ones chopped up and stewed with garlic.

Good with lamb shanks and tongues turned into brawn (stewed and chilled meat minced and set into a mould).

Sounds good. In a brawn, a lot of the protein would be hydrolised down to polypeptides or amino acids, I would guess.

Brains: I don't like the texture but good chit.

When I was a kid, my Mum would parboil them, then cut them into slices, breadcrumb them, and fry them. I liked them.

Much later, I had some that were boiled and mushed up, apparently the way most other people used to prepare them. Yuck. then I understood why everone else hated them.

I wouldn't imagine that they were much good as food for body-building but - mostly fats. However, they are the lipids that you need for building your own brains, so good food for growing smart kids.

However, I haven't seen them in shops for many years, and have never fed them to my kid.

There is a reason why predators go for the guts first. More nutrition than flesh.

I heard somewhere that you can actually starve to death if all you have to eat is lean muscle meat, even if there is plenty of it.

Last edited: