• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Oceania & Asian Raw & Equipped Powerlifting Championships 2014

Just a heads up. Tom Martin is lifting in the 105kg class. He is a guest lifter. If you don't know of him he's from the UK, the IPF version of Dan Green without the "supplements".

350kg. Typical Brits. My apologies for the out of control, freaking out crowd of rowdy onlookers…….

i saw some great lifting today.unfortunately i was really bad.im embarrassed lol.was nowhere near what i hoped to get.its taught me some lessons regarding how i train and cut especially.i had nothing in the tank when i needed it the most.doh.

Last edited:
i saw some great lifting today.unfortunately i was really bad.im embarrassed lol.was nowhere near what i hoped to get.its taught me some lessons regarding how i train and cut especially.i had nothing in the tank when i needed it the most.doh.

How'd you go?

do i even lift?thats how bad it was...can we forget i even exist.lol.even managed to piss off the spotters.fark.i just got disorientated.i thought the bar was on the rack.no idea why.dont ever walk out from the bar.
looking forward to some actually good lifters in the next few days.The usual suspects today were awesome.Cauchi.Gibbs.Deamo.Fazeli.etc.

Last edited:
i need to get used to having a coach pick my attempts and give me feedback.he had my best interests at heart,especially changing my attempts seeing how slow i was but im so used to training and coaching myself that it threw me off.
also i gotta stay positive and not let my lip drop if its going bad.it must be annoying to listen to a pipsqueak whining.
all the best guys.

Gerry, sorry to hear you did no do well. There is always next time.

Still think you should be the master of the weights you pick, although it is good to also have someone you can rely on for advice.

cheers,and thats the thing im already champing at the bit to train again and pick out another comp to do.lol.
the coaching thing was my fault.even though i wanted him to be my coach once i saw his name on the list i had literally no contact with him until i showed up on the day.
hes not telepathic.
i could of been sending him what i was doing regarding workouts and vids regarding my technique,depth,form etc,but i didnt.i couldnt adjust to what he wanted immediately.he knows what hes doing.
also im hardheaded,i am not used to being told wat to do.lesson learned for next time.

Last edited:
Who coached you?
Coaching is different than handling.

Also congrats on lookin so skinny. Big weight drop since april

Who coached you?
Coaching is different than handling.

Also congrats on lookin so skinny. Big weight drop since april

u see u are showing up my lack of knowledge lol.Joel handled me.i only met him in August(i dont really know him) but was impressed enough by his know how to want him to coach/handle/mentor/motivate me lol when i saw the list.

yeah i was over 100kgs in july.kinda thought i could handle the cut but obviously it didnt work but its taught me a thing or 10..despite being 40..ive competed for 1 year.trained for 3-4 years but those have been disrupted by various things.i dont know shit really.

And im competitive in masters@83 im certainly nowhere near the top level and i dont know if any amount of training will change that.luckily we have a masters category to keep older guys interested.its great fun tho.met some good guys as well.theres plenty of things to work on moving forward.
time to stop posting.have fun.

Last edited:
Bummer Baxter just missed 335kg bench. The loader couldn't even get the adjuster bar down lol

some outstanding squatting by Aussie 93kg masters lifters, 265kg by one masters 1 and 240kg by masters 2.

It is so much better watching squats where walked out of rack.