• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Oatmass Who uses it

Stevo82

I was just wondering how many others out there are using Oatmass in their diet? How and when you eat it. I normally go 60g to 30g of protien with milk or water after a workout or as a meal replacement in the avo. Seems to have the goods in it, I get mine from fitness centeral.
Per 100g:

Energy
1602kj
Carbohydrates
61.8g
Protein
10.7g
Sugar
0.0g
Total Fat
8.5g
Saturated Fat
1.5g
Dietary Fibre
10.0g
Sodium
3mg

I've used Oatmass before, just add it to protein shakes.
It's too expensive though.

Now I use Super fine oats from bulkpowders.com.au
It's less than half the price of Oatmass and should be the same, oats ground to a super fine powder.

Does it mix in well or is it clumpy? I tried baking oats and blending them but I burnt them anlottle too much. How do they process it?

Seems to mix the same as protien if not better, I also tried making my own but stoped after I blew up the food processor. It is a little expensive though:(

It's less than half the price of Oatmass and should be the same, oats ground to a super fine powder.

How's the taste/mixibility? How does it compare with oatmass?

Really cheap!

oatmass is great, mixes better than protein powder, but i agree with the above, it is too expensive.

cheers mate, i'll have to check it out! thanks :)

20kg for $78.10! AWESOME

Last edited:
I've tried to make it on my own but it doesn't really mix well. How do you mix it? With milk or water? and what ratio of oats to liquid?

How's the taste/mixibility? How does it compare with oatmass?

Really cheap!

I notice no difference between Oatmass and Super Fine Oats.
They both mix really well and have that slightly nutty taste.

Good products.
In this case, I don't think price reflects quality.
As far as I know, Oatmass was the only one in the market.
Now, they have some competition, which can only be good for the consumer regarding prices.

just bought some from bulkpowders and im wondering do i just take it after a workout with the protein or so other times during the day
cheers

I think the idea is to mix it with your protein powder to make a shake with whatever calorie / macronutrient breakdown you like.

I tried chopping oats in a coffee grinder but it was still pretty rough and i ended up chewing instead.

Something like this would be good to measure out and take to work then just add water. Between WPC, oat mass and milk powder you should be able to get the Protein/Carb/Fat ratios you're after.

A bag of whole pressed oats will cost 95 cents from woolies.

I have noticed that the oats grind very well with a handful of frozen berries, I don't know why.
I use about three handfuls of oats.