• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Nutrition for the brain and overall health - TED video

Bullshit statement often used by people promoting quack medicine. Modern medicine treats the symptoms and the cause were possible.

*** off Bazza, your view on food is getting old and flawed.
I suppose that woman could've cured herself with fucking mcdonald's big macs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'de never recommend having sex with a hamburger.
how about a hot dog?

Watching vids of Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler yesterday, didn't see one fruit or vegie in either of their diets for the entire two days. Coleman would even go to the point of picking out the tomato pieces from a resturant meal. Makes you wonder what risk of degenerative diseases they are putting themselves to.

Although Coleman was consuming dozens and dozens of pills per day!

*** off Bazza, your view on food is getting old and flawed.
I suppose that woman could've cured herself with fucking mcdonald's big macs.

If you too half a second to read my post you will see it has nothing at all to do with my views on food.

It was to do with your statement that modern science and its drugs only treat symptoms which is a fucking load of shit.

and I call BS on this in the sense that modern medicine often attempts to treat a cause to the detriment of one's health in other areas.

But mostly, it's getting rid of symptoms. Antibiotics rid you of an infection but don't get rid of the bacteria that cause the infection in the first place.

Chemotherapy is another example. And they all have detrimental effects.

That doesn't mean we do without them.

But Goosey and Darkoz are right ... food is a large part of what constitutes healthcare and preventative medicine. you can't stave off death and illness always but you can certainly do your best to dodge bullets by eating right (and moving).

BTW, i just ate a most delicious ORGANIC apricot :D

blows kiss and ducks for cover :)

They are both examples of treating the cause not the symptoms.

You have a bacterial infection and feel like shit. Treating symptoms would be just giving you pain killers and sending you on your way.

What do doctors do. They diagnose the infection and can give the appropriate antibiotics to kill the bacteria.

I am confused about your statement that antibiotics kill the infection but don't kill the bacteria. Yes they do. Antibiotics kill bacteria.

Cancer. Treating the symptoms would be trying to treat the pain or any other symptoms but that is not what happens. Doctors remove the cancer when possible.

They are both examples of treating the cause not the symptoms.

You have a bacterial infection and feel like shit. Treating symptoms would be just giving you pain killers and sending you on your way.

What do doctors do. They diagnose the infection and can give the appropriate antibiotics to kill the bacteria.

I am confused about your statement that antibiotics kill the infection but don't kill the bacteria. Yes they do. Antibiotics kill bacteria.

Cancer. Treating the symptoms would be trying to treat the pain or any other symptoms but that is not what happens. Doctors remove the cancer when possible.

They kill off the infection. The bacteria can come back again. ie they cannot prevent you getting an infection again is my point so they have not treated the cause in the strictest sense.

Removing the cancer doesn't treat the cause, simply removes the tumour etc. The cancer can live on to fight another day.

I don't give a rats arse about your views on food, hell, I'm not even sure what that is.

You ask Darkoz and I to take second to read what you wrote?

I just listen to personal account and discussion.

Your argumentative attitude is boring to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't give a rats arse about your views on food, hell, I'm not even sure what that is.

You ask Darkoz and I to take second to read what you wrote?

I just listen to personal account and discussion.

Your argumentative attitude is boring to me.

Don't be full of yourself Goosey I didn't ask you to read anything i said.

If you too half a second to read my post you will see it has nothing at all to do with my views on food.

It was to do with your statement that modern science and its drugs only treat symptoms which is a fucking load of shit.

Fix your grammar and spelling.

They kill off the infection. The bacteria can come back again. ie they cannot prevent you getting an infection again is my point so they have not treated the cause in the strictest sense.

Removing the cancer doesn't treat the cause, simply removes the tumour etc. The cancer can live on to fight another day.

Antibiotics kill bacteria. They will come back if you don't fully kill off the infection or you contact another infection. This is treating the cause. Infections are a part of life.
Saying that because antibiotics don't prevent you from ever getting another infection so they are only treating symptoms is silly. If you are sick from a bacterial infection. Killing off that infection is treating the cause.

Ok what about vaccines. One of the biggest advances in medicine. Has eradicated many diseases. Don't see how that cannot be treating the cause of disease rather than symptoms.

You are grasping at straws, these are not examples at all of treating symptoms. Like I said saying modern medicine only treats symptoms is in the realm of pseudoscience and quacks.

Bazza, no disrespect but why do seek to antagonise people on this thread?

Vaccines are a good example of erradicating a cause, i have no argument with that.
Unfortunately, our ability to discover vaccine or that type of approach for many diseases and conditions still eludes us and western medicine does not have all the answers.

Plus, the point here is (if you watched the video) that sometimes medical science fails us but alternative approaches through diet and lifestyle changes can work and make a difference to wellbeing and quality of life.

Please take note of my polite and non dismissive tone.
you're actually starting to annoy me too along with the guys.

Gee, play nice people. Debate is constructive, arguing is not. Being dismissive and arrogant is unappreciated.

Bazza, no disrespect but why do seek to antagonise people on this thread?

Vaccines are a good example of erradicating a cause, i have no argument with that.
Unfortunately, our ability to discover vaccine or that type of approach for many diseases and conditions still eludes us and western medicine does not have all the answers.

Plus, the point here is (if you watched the video) that sometimes medical science fails us but alternative approaches through diet and lifestyle changes can work and make a difference to wellbeing and quality of life.

Please take note of my polite and non dismissive tone.
you're actually starting to annoy me too along with the guys.

Gee, play nice people. Debate is constructive, arguing is not. Being dismissive and arrogant is unappreciated.

Not trying to antagonise. Just pointing out a totally wrong comment that everyone just blindly agrees with without even thinking about it for a second.

Since I'm a person of this thread and I will say a person of science. That statement is just wrong. Infection are symptoms of bacterial infection. Antibiotics kill bacteria, they don't kill symptoms.

More bacteria entering your body has nothing to do with the original infection. It is your fault, not sciences and not Drs. If you want to prevent future infections you can laminate yourself and then you will prevent any more future infections.

Our bodies are at war with bacteria and viruses. That's why we have evolved skin and imune systems. As for why some people die from cancer, disease etc? Could it be weak genetic makeup? Malnutrition etc? Anyway, I could go on and on about this, genetics, darwinism etc...

But saying that a statement is right just because someone who pointed is liked for his opinion, isn't right.

I disagree with Bazzas opinion on food as well, since I do enjoy free range/grass fed/organic food. But this time he is right.

Since I'm a person of this thread and I will say a person of science. That statement is just wrong. Infection are symptoms of bacterial infection. Antibiotics kill bacteria, they don't kill symptoms.

More bacteria entering your body has nothing to do with the original infection. It is your fault, not sciences and not Drs. If you want to prevent future infections you can laminate yourself and then you will prevent any more future infections.

Our bodies are at war with bacteria and viruses. That's why we have evolved skin and imune systems. As for why some people die from cancer, disease etc? Could it be weak genetic makeup? Malnutrition etc? Anyway, I could go on and on about this, genetics, darwinism etc...

But saying that a statement is right just because someone who pointed is liked for his opinion, isn't right.

I disagree with Bazzas opinion on food as well, since I do enjoy free range/grass fed/organic food. But this time he is right.

I believe you have misunderstood my point and perhaps I was not particularly clear in my explanation.
As a person of science myself, I would propose that to cure an instance of bacterial infection (yes the bacteria specifically involved at the time as well) does not constitute eradicating the root cause once and for all. A vaccine, administered universally, has been a good instance of attacking the root cause (refer posts below if you will).

I find your statement that it is one's own fault that one gets an infection to be somewhat bizarre?? but hey.

Our bodies are not always at war with bacteria. Not all bacteria are bad and indeed, we rely on good bacteria in order for our own bodies to function correctly.

Would be great to get back to the topic of the thread ...

food. sometimes works wonders for one's health and wellbeing.

:cool: ;)