• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Novice 3 lift comp at PTC

PTC

With ProRawOne approaching, and quite a few lifters who have never competed or its been 6 months, I am considering having a casual novice comp open to everyone.

It will be a non sanctioned event, no singlets required etc, we will run under ProRaw rules, so lifters can get some experience using knee wraps in a competition setting ie timing the wrapping up between lifts

I'm looking at Sunday the 12th

If you are interested, please post up on here. This comp is open to anyone, not just novices.

No membership to any fed required, cost is $25

You can use it to hit openers or try a new technique in a competition enviroment, like a tune up for those entering ProRaw and some lifting experience for first timers.

I'll also use the rising bar, give some experience to those that have not yet lifted with that rule before

Any ideas/questions?

[FONT=&quot]PTC NOVICE 3 LIFT COMP[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SUNDAY THE 12TH OF DECEMBER[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]START TIME IS 11.00AM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ENTRY FEE IS $25[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NO LIFTING SUIT REQUIRED, NO FEDERATION MEMBERSHIP FEES[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]KNEE WRAPS ALLOWED AS PER ProRaw RULES[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TUNE UP COMP FOR ProRawOne[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MEN AND WOMEN[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RISING BAR RULES[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
I think it's a great idea Markos...for all those that can, should deffinately get a long and lift....if you are lifting in PROne do be cautious of how "hard" you go...don't soft cock it but avoid going balls to the wall....generally when I'm about 4 weeks out from a comp I'll run through a "skills test" which works me upto the openers and second attempts if feeling good.

I may as well give this a shot.

Will it be cool to skip your third attempt if you think you've gone heavy enough on the second?

I may as well give this a shot.

Will it be cool to skip your third attempt if you think you've gone heavy enough on the second?

it's not really an issue with rising bar...just advise you are going to pass your third attempt....if you still wanted to get three lifts on the platform do one of your warmups as an attempt.

this will be very informal, its just to give some rookies experience and allow others to use knee wraps, take as few attempts as you wish

Jesse will lift and Max wants his clients to also lift

I'll see if I can get some of the girls to lift, plus my Asian Connection group of Harvey, Minh etc

I'll come down.

Dont know if I'll be lifting yet. Might just do the wheelchair event.

One of the girls I train with (dragonboats) is interested in having ago - although she isnt fully convinced yet!

Looks like quite a few first time lifters competing

Experienced lifters are asking if they can lift. Of course they can, its a great atmosphere to try a new technique or gauge where your at, with nothing on the line.

Most of the PTC crew are going to have a crack

My friend can only make it in the afternoon - is this ok?

also, she is not to sure about doing the squat and bench as well - although I am trying to convince her to give it a go :D

Comp is on this Sunday, here is a list of lifters competing that I know of

1.Luke
2.Gareth
3.Alen
4.Dim
5.Fat Dave
6.Wayne
7.Sussi
8.James
9.Jack
10.Ronnie
11.Michael