• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Not feeling satisfied.

SWH

I know this is a wierd question, but do any of you not feel satisfied with your progress?

I've been progressing but i feel like i've slumped lately since i'm not going up in my weight and sometimes i look in the mirror and think. I've got no where even though the scales and other people tell me otherwise. I know i see myself in the mirror every day but lots of people seem so happy with their progress. I just feel like i'm not going anywhere though. Is this normal ? I guess it could be used as motivation but yeah..

Does anybody else do this very often or am i just wierd lol.

Yeah

We look at ourselves every day. 'Shit all' changes day to day so if you're fixated on getting bigger you may feel disappointed

Look at progress pictures and training logs for a better idea on progress.

Last edited:
Yes its normal.
Be patient, your pics show your progress.
Sam you are at a time of your life where your natural test is gonna start kicking hard, if not already, and alot of male lifters I know wish they built a solid base in thier late teens to early 20's. You are also Islander origin so you're born strong as fcuk.
You're not stalling, your body is getting ready for its next growth spurt.
Keep eating, keep lifting.

Yes its normal.
Be patient, your pics show your progress.
am you are at a time of your life where your natural test is gonna start kicking hard, and alot of male lifters I know, wish they built a solid base in thier late teens to early 20's. You are also Islander origin so you're born strong as fcuk.
You're not stalling, your body is getting ready for its next growth spurt.
Keep eating, keep lifting.

Thanks deep this makes sense :)

Ah islanders :p

Hang in there Sam. I concur with all others in this thread. Your pics show progress, you're still growing, just keep doing what you're doing!

As Trentino always says, 'consistency is key'. It's an accumulative effort over a period of time. Think of yourself as a long term investment and before you know it, the dividends will come.

You...are doing great :)

I cannot wait to see you 6 months from now. And that's the truth!

I know this is a wierd question, but do any of you not feel satisfied with your progress?

I've been progressing but i feel like i've slumped lately since i'm not going up in my weight and sometimes i look in the mirror and think. I've got no where even though the scales and other people tell me otherwise. I know i see myself in the mirror every day but lots of people seem so happy with their progress. I just feel like i'm not going anywhere though. Is this normal ? I guess it could be used as motivation but yeah..

Does anybody else do this very often or am i just wierd lol.

If you're anything like me you'll embrace that. l look in the mirror every day thinking im a piece of shit, makes me push that much harder when l do train. I'll never think i've reached the end and if l do think i've reached it id consider myself a failure. Hate pushes you to do positive things.

^^^Just re read that, probably don't think 100% like that but try take a positive out of what l said.

If you're anything like me you'll embrace that. l look in the mirror every day thinking im a piece of shit, makes me push that much harder when l do train. I'll never think i've reached the end and if l do think i've reached it id consider myself a failure. Hate pushes you to do positive things.

^ This is basically my take on it too.

While I think you can be happy with how you look, it's that desire inside of you that wants to thrive for more, which is what keeps me going.

Not that I'm even at the stage where I'm happy, but I'm getting there.

I was feeling a bit like that, but in comparing them to some at the start of the year, I realised some small changes have happened externally, but internally, probably lots more.

every month take photos and write down measurements of your chest, arms, legs etc and record your 1rm or your 3 sets of 8 or so.

OP, you need to have a long term plan in place so that allows for continual progression. That way there is no ''hitting the wall''. Chances are you don't have that in place and that is why you feel like you do.

Having a plan that is based on the long term will also stop motivation from ever being a problem. You will always be motivated :)

You can always change your routine for a month or two and come back to where you feel you've stalled out. You'll come back stronger and hungrier.

OP, you need to have a long term plan in place so that allows for continual progression. That way there is no ''hitting the wall''. Chances are you don't have that in place and that is why you feel like you do.

Having a plan that is based on the long term will also stop motivation from ever being a problem. You will always be motivated :)

Do have a long term plan and i am progressing . Its not primarily what i see in the mirror atm but sometimes it lowers my self esteem lol. But thanks i'll keep it in mind

There is no law that says we have to see and/or feel constant progress all the time. On the contrary, you may find that there is a law (be it in nature or in one's own self/both mentally and physically) that says everything happens in cycles. Nothing is constant. We have a sunny day followed by a rainy day, that is followed by (you get the picture). We wake up some mornings feeling great, yet on other mornings we don't even feel like getting out of bed. That does not automatically mean one should race to see a psychologist or some other therapist, no. It simply means there are a million and one thing we don't yet understand about this magnificent and most complex machine of all we call the human body.

Sam, what you're experiencing is normality in practice. Now if you tell me you're not feeling well, then that would certainly be a point of concern.

Take care brother.

Fadi.