• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Not being sore

Jim_Junkie

Hi, I have gotten to the point where the day after some of my workouts I am no longer sore. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I am wondering if maybe I need to stimulate more fibers or I am just recovering really well.

Should the main thing be that im making sure I exhaust my muscles during my workout and feel the burn? that way if I feel fine the next day I'll know its just recovery?

I came here a while ago with a similar question.

The answer i got was that DOMS or Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness is something that occurs in new lifters or those who have not trained for sometime. Overtime you become accustomed to the stress and the DOMS subsides with frequent training.

Just remember that muscle soreness is not an indicator of an effective workout. You usually get muscles soreness from doing something that's new or your muscles aren't used to doing. Sooo I wouldn't be too concerned.

Just remember that muscle soreness is not an indicator of an effective workout. You usually get muscles soreness from doing something that's new or your muscles aren't used to doing. Sooo I wouldn't be too concerned.
That's exactly right, something like changing your squat stance from wide to narrow could lead to sudden DOMS but doesn't mean it's more effective, just different.
Posted via Mobile Device

also i find that increasing volume will up the doms aswell. 5x5 on squats gives me terrible doms.

in saying that tho i did 2 reps on bw+40kg chins and i was sore the next day.

you will find that some movements give you more doms than others. i never get shoulder doms, but ill get chest doms.

If you get doms all the time (same exercises used) it means your body is adapting much quicker than you are providing a stimulus for it. That means you are getting stronger and bigger slower than you could be. Increase the frequency of you workouts and you will negate this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ive had DOMS in my legs since Tuesday from my squats. Had never done breathing squats but also hadnt done them for 6 weeks.

Cant wait till i stop getting it again lol.