• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

no sure if i can hit gym yet

bronx.system

hey I messed up my shoulder I was doing overhead dumbbell pressing and i hyper extended my arm. My shoulder and pec/shoulder connection area hurts for last 2 weeks. I have been able to do back/biceps and legs but have been resting shoulders and chest.
The pain isnt bad something feels bruised. When do you guys hit the muscle after injury like this? when pain completely goes away or do you try workout and stop if it starts to hurt really bad.

dont need doctor the pain isnt that bad im sure i didnt do major damage. Been keeping ice pack on it and taking some neurofen.

Last edited:
Shoulders are a tough one. From my experience, it's best off resting them, can't really work through a shoulder injury and make it get better.

I would heat pack it, it will get the blood flowing more than ice. Ice is good for the shorter term but after two weeks I wouldn't bother icing it, just heat.

Try stretching and massaging it and maybe some light stuff with a band if you can

Go a physio. Rather than oh I didn't hurt it that bad, just go. Find out what you did, find out how to fix it. Do what you are told. Don't fuck around with shoulders

Just get a shoulder recon and be done with it before your arm becomes gangrenous and falls off when you're havin' a wank one night...it happens to 7/10 people with shoulder injuries bro.

bah scared now >< But going doctor bit pointless either I get better anti inflammation meds or told to rest for a month or MRI. I will wait 2 more weeks if it doesnt get better i will go doctor. A positive thing is my wrist hasnt been a problem which is big relief.

While healing do you guys lower calories? since I am taking more rest days and working out with less intensity.

Last edited:
Enter the pain cave by repeatedly rolling over the rotator cuff with a lacrosse ball. Once there, immediately attempt a furious knuckle shuffle party with your computer monitor set to rotating images of Romanian gypsies and your phone blasting its default ring tone into your ear in an endless loop.
If you can finish yourself off, consider avante garde boss level complete.

Lol [MENTION=10084]Jungman[/MENTION]; hahaha ... i'll finish him off :cool:

But srs, OP.. shoulders are such a subjective thing.

Get thee to a sports doc. May need a referral. I messed around with my shoulder injury for ages before finally getting a cortisone shot (2nd of which is holding up really well).

Not to say this is what you need, but save yourself time and questioning and go straight to the expert/s.

First up, good thing resting it. It sounds like an acute injure not something that has built up over time.

I would recommend a physio for an assessment and they may refer you for an xray, ultrasound or mri. (depending on what they think is wrong e.g. first point of call is xray for AC joint)

They will tell you not to do anything that hurts and in most cases they still want you to move it through pain free ROM. This may take some time to recover full pain free ROM. Strength can be built up relatively quickly so don't be too hasty with getting back to heavy stuff.

Yes, I have been injured a fair bit :p Trust me when I tell you that training through an injury is a sure fire why to make it worse over time.

just an update. Shoulder a lot better I was able to use my max weight and felt not pain during set. I have slight pain in delt when i flex bicep for some reason but nothing major. So its healin up nicely. Took 6 weeks damn.

people I talked to think it was a minor tear. Injuries are demoralising I have more sympathy for people who are hurt now ><

thanks all for advice