• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

No squat whaaaa???

McFLy

super m0derator
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson120.htm[/FONT][FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]Either genetically gifted which I don't belive in genetics or talking shit [/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson120.htm[/FONT]

As my log shows i do few and crappy squats, but my quads in particular are fairly well developed compared to the rest of my body from leg press and cycling.

• A guy squatting who never adds weight to the bar: His legs will not be growing.
  • A guy doing leg presses who is adding weight to the machine: His legs will be growing.

Good points but in saying that cables are better for hypotrophy would a bloke who cable curls heavier have bigger bi's than a dumbell/barbell curler? Bodybuilding and powerlifting do get confused alot I see some good points but some not so good in points in favour of both.

• A guy squatting who never adds weight to the bar: His legs will not be growing.
  • A guy doing leg presses who is adding weight to the machine: His legs will be growing.

Good points but in saying that cables are better for hypotrophy would a bloke who cable curls heavier have bigger bi's than a dumbell/barbell curler? Bodybuilding and powerlifting do get confused alot I see some good points but some not so good in points in favour of both.

I'd argue yes because the time under tension is increased with the cables...

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson120.htm[/FONT][FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]Either genetically gifted which I don't belive in genetics or talking shit [/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson120.htm[/FONT]

I didn't read it all, but I saw the juiced up pictures and noted that he admitted to using every leg exercise out there (which may mean he has squatted at times).

The training styles of Ronnie Coleman & Co is of no concern to us. Instead I'd be googling "muscle and strength natural" and looking at the natural guys on that site.

As for legs, I think back squats don't work the quads enough for me (too much booty soreness) so I'm switching to slightly narrower front squats with single-leg press (2 legged ones are dangerous to the lower back).

I didn't read it all, but I saw the juiced up pictures and noted that he admitted to using every leg exercise out there (which may mean he has squatted at times).

The training styles of Ronnie Coleman & Co is of no concern to us. Instead I'd be googling "muscle and strength natural" and looking at the natural guys on that site.

As for legs, I think back squats don't work the quads enough for me (too much booty soreness) so I'm switching to slightly narrower front squats with single-leg press (2 legged ones are dangerous to the lower back).

Good call on 45 leg press I always the horizontal one the 45 kills my back

Yeah - I have a mate who annihilated is back on 45 leg press.. was in bed for 4 days, unable to walk.

However, the horizontal leg press feels like a hack squat to me (and we only have a cable version).

Lyle MacDonald's article points out that single-leg press makes rounding the back near impossible, so I'm reasonably happy to do single-leg press at 45 degrees.

Wish I was that lucky I have to batter my wheels lucky s.o.b's
You don't need to squat to batter your wheels....you need to batter your wheels to batter your wheels. I used to hate squats as a leg exercise, because around the time I started doing squats I couldn't work my legs half as much on them as I could doing leg presses. Over time as my technique (and trunk strength) improved, I became able to get more out of my squats, but they certainly aren't needed to batter your legs.

You don't need to squat to batter your wheels....you need to batter your wheels to batter your wheels. I used to hate squats as a leg exercise, because around the time I started doing squats I couldn't work my legs half as much on them as I could doing leg presses. Over time as my technique (and trunk strength) improved, I became able to get more out of my squats, but they certainly aren't needed to batter your legs.

I've tried every movement (in reason) and I can tell u I love squats honestly nothing pumps em up gives me such satisfaction as squating ! From time to time I've had to drop the bench press and use alternative machines ect due to shoulder problems and didn't get phased..but with squats I could never leave them out of any routine .

That's cool -- I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't do squats, or that you should remove them at all. These days, if I had to not squat, I think my legs would commit suicide. I'm just saying, for muscle-building purposes, they aren't a necessity.

That's cool -- I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't do squats, or that you should remove them at all. These days, if I had to not squat, I think my legs would commit suicide. I'm just saying, for muscle-building purposes, they aren't a necessity.

Exactly