• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Nick's Anabolic Diet Experiment Log.

7am - 6-7 eggs, 1 scoop whey, 5 fish oil tabs

10am - 3 scoops whey, 75g almonds and walnuts

1pm - 350g chicken breast and some cheese, or steak and eggs. Steamed greens

4pm - 3 scoops whey, 75g almonds and walnuts

7pm - 350g steak/lamb/chicken steamed greens

10pm - 2 Tins sol mare tuna in oil, steamed greens.

I'll also have an extra shake on workout days.

Weekends I load up on clean carbs, fruit, oats, maybe some pasta. Keep the protein right up but cut the fat. I'll also allow myself 1 cheat meal per weekend might be some chips, pizza, nandos, whatever really.

Taking a multi V, fish oil and fibre supps.

i've read through this blog, interesting experiment, will be interesting to see how it goes. not something i think i'd be willing to try myself tho, i'm just not a fan of diets that cut out anything.

7am - 6-7 eggs, 1 scoop whey, 5 fish oil tabs

10am - 3 scoops whey, 75g almonds and walnuts

1pm - 350g chicken breast and some cheese, or steak and eggs. Steamed greens

4pm - 3 scoops whey, 75g almonds and walnuts

7pm - 350g steak/lamb/chicken steamed greens

10pm - 2 Tins sol mare tuna in oil, steamed greens.

I'll also have an extra shake on workout days.

Weekends I load up on clean carbs, fruit, oats, maybe some pasta. Keep the protein right up but cut the fat. I'll also allow myself 1 cheat meal per weekend might be some chips, pizza, nandos, whatever really.

Taking a multi V, fish oil and fibre supps.

how on earth did you make it through to 1pm on only half a dozen eggs and some nuts?? i'd be starving by then!! and i'm over 10kgs lighter than you

Easy. By then i've had over 150g of protein and over 70g of fat. Over 1200 calories and a long black coffee. Plenty of energy to sit on my arse at a desk job.

So you dont like diets that cut out anything. Over the course of a week tell me what I'm leaving out that you think should be included.

Last edited:
Easy. By then i've had over 150g of protein and over 70g of fat. Over 1200 calories and a long black coffee. Plenty of energy to sit on my arse at a desk job.

I know the calories are there, but protein shakes and nuts just don't fill me up at all. The eggs would keep me going an hour or two, but nuts and a protein shake wouldn't do anything for me.

So you dont like diets that cut out anything. Over the course of a week tell me what I'm leaving out that you think should be included.

I believe in very basic dieting (ie nothing scientific). Balanced diet, fruit, veg, meat, grains every day. For bulking, eat more. For cutting, eat less. I know there are lot of different diets out there (like this one) that cycle various foods, or eliminate them entirely. They may or may not work, I just don't subscribe to them.

Cutting out foods for a certain day and then loading on other days etc... it just doesn't seem to be the healthiest option. But this is all just my view, and other people are a lot more knowledgeable than me in this field.

Which is why I find threads like this interesting :)

I'm a fan of balanced diets also. I like this diet because i can eat things like oats/fruit/milk on the weekend.

I find i'm reacting very well to the lack of carbs during the week though. Whatever i end up doing i will be keeping carbs super low most of the time.

I had the same thing when I used this approach. But eventually I just got sick of the carb up weekends, not because I'd get silly and go to town on junk but because I just didn't enjoy eating rice/pasta/potatoes with meat and little fats all day. I was happy with the fruits and everything but high carb days even when depleted don't run well for me, I just never feel good. I also discovered that me and oat's just aren't pals at all. I don't seem to digest them.

These days I just stick to carbs around my workout, and fruit throughout the day. If I have a big leg session or Strongman training I'll have some tubers with lunch or sweet potato as they seem to sit pretty well. I seem to be fine with Milk though, doesn't bloat doesn't make me feel bad at all, so that's my pre/post workout drink of choice.

Other than that, I'm still a big fan of the pro/fat during the week or any other meals apart from workout time.

Hey Nick,

When do you begin your carb up? After training on Friday or Saturday morning?

I know that Lyle McDonald's version asks for people to introduce carbs on the Friday before and after the training session and continue it for either the Saturday or Saturday and Sunday.

Do you still keep your calorie intake the same on the carb up days?

Cheers

Usually start sat morning and end sunday night. Considering switching to start friday finish saturday.

I keep protein intake the same, not sure on total carbs or cals though.

Progress pics when I can workout how to post them from my iPhone....
Posted via Mobile Device

IMG_0192.jpg

Posted via Mobile Device

Cheers mate.

Sticky I feel great, never really hungry, stable energy levels, enjoying the food except for the raw eggs in the morning.

These pics were taken yesterday evening after work before training, weight was 112.0kg at the time, no doubt carrying some carb bloat from the weekend, I generally look leanest around thurs/fri. Also I haven't been able to do any bench pressing for almost 3 months hence the more girly than usual chest.

Last edited:
..except for the raw eggs in the morning.

How dare you sir, raw egg drinks are by far the tastiest things since...tasty things where tasty...

But really, looking good mate. When do you think you'll get back into some serious pressing? Shoulder tweak was it?