• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Newest member of the 200kg deadlift club

pistachio

well, tonight i was meant to go for 190kg deadlift.

smoked it, so thought i'd try 200kgs. even tho the goal was 190kg, i really wanted the 200. suprisingly, smoked that too

so loaded up 210kg. all good

215kgs. probably made it 99.9% of the way up, but i don't think it would have qualified in a comp.

still, pretty damn pleased with myself :)

Nice work dude. Keep smashing it, you have been going from strength to strength lately.

cheers fellas. it has been 100% commitment to the cause the last 3 months, so i'm glad i'm making good progress.

i was expecting to make the 200kg after 185kg went up without much difficulty last week. the 210/215kg was a pleasant surprise tho :)

did u go to the beach and meet the guys yesterday dicko?

well, tonight i was meant to go for 190kg deadlift.

smoked it, so thought i'd try 200kgs. even tho the goal was 190kg, i really wanted the 200. suprisingly, smoked that too

so loaded up 210kg. all good

215kgs. probably made it 99.9% of the way up, but i don't think it would have qualified in a comp.

still, pretty damn pleased with myself :)

That sounds exactly like my story of the 200kg deadlift even down to the weights.
Well done mate.

cheers fellas. it has been 100% commitment to the cause the last 3 months, so i'm glad i'm making good progress.

i was expecting to make the 200kg after 185kg went up without much difficulty last week. the 210/215kg was a pleasant surprise tho :)

did u go to the beach and meet the guys yesterday dicko?
good stuff mate.

Yeah I did, it was Paullie, Dan (the Rucci brothers), James (jamesvdm on here) and myself. lol we ran (jogged) for like 200m, had a little swim then chatted and ate some food. It was gooood.

good stuff mate.

Yeah I did, it was Paullie, Dan (the Rucci brothers), James (jamesvdm on here) and myself. lol we ran (jogged) for like 200m, had a little swim then chatted and ate some food. It was gooood.

bugger, i would have liked to come down, but i've been having really shit sleeps lately. couldn't fall asleep til about 2am sunday morning, so no chance i was going to be getting up at 7am

which made tonight's deadlift all the more impressive, it was coming off 3 consecutive 6 hour sleeps. then again, i had been psyching myself up for it since last weeks session.

Solid effort man, you know your getting somewhere when your lifts have 2s infront of them.

Great stuff man!! 200kg club is up there for a lot of people. This on the ppp program I assume? If so I wouldn't doubt your numbers. That program rocks

Well done Pistachio!

So what's your secret mate for a bloke that's just stalled on his squats?

Its not rest so maybe you're just eating like a machine... ;)

Cheers,
Mike

cheers guys

ceffo: similar style program yeah, im starting PPP in a couple of weeks, will probably go for 240kg deadlift i guess? i'll see how i go at 5x5 on 160kgs or so after my week off.

mikew: yesterday, i knew it was going to be hard, coming off three bad sleeps in a row. and i REALLY wanted that 200kg, i had been visualising it since last week. so i just ate like a horse, all day to try to make up for the lack of sleep.

im pretty sure this is still newbie strength gains, as i have never trained strength directly before. that said, it is quite conceivable that i'll get up to a 6 plate deadlift after 2 PPP cycles!

Strong lifting mate, great stuff. Your one strong unit.

thanks mate, squat is still weak as piss tho. going for the 150kgs on friday, really hoping that i get it out fairly easily.

im going to the physio thursday to find out what the hell is wrong with my hip flexor/quad whatever it is. hopefully that is just a flexibility problem, and i can fix it up so i can try to get my squat closer to 200kg.

if i could squat 200kgs, i'd be pretty damn pleased.