• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New York installs "Adult Playgrounds"

I thought of orgies when adult playground came to mind :(

We have heaps of those types of park here in obese brissy

Thought it was a sex thread :(

Much dissapoint! lol

They do have variations of these in Brisvegas & some good ones along the Noosa River. We need more of them though, great idea.

i have some chin up bars dip stations and cardio stuff at a park near me, never see anyone using them

They have some sort of fitness thing down at Glenelg (the Bay), all looked pretty gay though, dont remember seeing any chin bars or anything.

HIGHLY approve! I love outdoor gyms like this. We have a couple around here. The main things I use are the pullup bars (some are different height and in triangle shape which is good for inverted rows also), vertical bar for flags, dip bars (bench only :() The one around here gets used a lot.

The one I went to in Venice Beach was epic. Rings, rope climbs, heaps of pullup bars, dip bars, beems etc. and it was all in a big sandpit so you don't feel so scared when you get up high. Had SOOOO much fun there :)

We have a lot of these dotted around the place in the US. It actually started a good decade or so ago with guys doing 'ghetto fitness' or 'ghetto workouts' in places like Houston because they needed to get fit but didn't have the cash to build or join a gym (coincidentally a lot of guys that were doing this were football players and look like lightbulbs).

It never really caught on until now. Probably because the obesity problem was the last thing on people's minds in around 2001, and because it's not exactly profitable.

Also, I'm one of the people who thought this was a sex thread. Almost double the disappointment of going into the "tits!" thread and realizing there were no boobies.

Anyone got photos of decent public outdoor setups?

Best one I've ever seen was in this parkour video in the Ukraine if you skip to the 6 minute mark.

[ame=http://youtu.be/9jkl38cJ9eE?t=5m59s]3RUN Family - Insane in the Ukraine 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

I know it would be an occ health and saftey nightmare but how awesome do they look! :p

They have some sort of fitness thing down at Glenelg (the Bay), all looked pretty gay though, dont remember seeing any chin bars or anything.

These set ups are the only things I've seen around Adelaide. They're a bit of a joke really. I thought they might have been for combating childhood obesity because they provide so little resistance it would really only be useful for children or the elderly. Was quite surprised when I read they are supposedly intended for adults :\

Still I'm guessing its things like below that stop them from being more common :mad:

adult%2Bplayground.gif

[YOUTUBE]MNte5pRNsa4[/YOUTUBE]

sorry to thread dig but stumbled across more footage of this Ukrainian gym. comes in at 1.10.

[YOUTUBE]ovtz6jLrv1w[/YOUTUBE]

apparently it's a massive free island gym at a water park in Kiev.

So ghetto awesome.

Last edited: