• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New study finds you can scare the fat out of you

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
STOP your gym membership, spill your diet shakes and burn your Atkins Diet book. A new diet revolution is crawling into society and all it requires is a comfy couch and a flatscreen.
It's being dubbed the 'horror film diet' and involves just that - a diet of some of the most distressing films you will ever watch!
If you believe researchers, watching a 90-minute horror film burns 113 calories - the equivalent of the amount of calories shed during a half-hour walk.
And the movie top of the list of calorie-burners was found to be the 1980 psychological thriller The Shining, with the average viewer using up a whopping 184 calories.

Jaws took the runner-up spot, with viewers burning on average 161 calories, and The Exorcist came third, with 58 calories.
Researchers from the University of Westminster measured the total energy wasted by 10 people as they watched frightening movies.
They recorded the participants' heart rate, oxygen intake and carbon dioxide output and found the calories shed increased by on average a third during the films.
The study also revealed films that made viewers jump in fear burnt the most calories because they made the heart rate soar.
The top 10 calorie-burning frightening films were:
1. The Shining: 184 calories
2. Jaws: 161 calories
3. The Exorcist: 158 calories
4. Alien: 152 calories
5. Saw: 133 calories
6. A Nightmare on Elm Street: 118 calories
7. Paranormal Activity: 111 calories
8. The Blair Witch Project: 105 calories
9. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: 107 calories
10. [Rec]: 101 calories

http://www.news.com.au/national/new...e-fat-out-of-you/story-fndo4eg9-1226505361603

Oh 100 calories. Wow.

It will be just a great excuse now for fatties to eat more while watching movies.

Fuck I wish I'd known about this 2 years ago! lol

Oh wait...I love & watch horror movies.....& I weighed 160.2kg :cool:

Thank you for pointing out another fad diet that I apparently failed at Graeme :mad: lol

i burn 116 calories per hour doing nothing... is this supposed to be on top of normal cals?

Or, I dunno, they could have sex...

:eek: Gaaahhhh! My brain, my brain. :(

Probably burned a crapload of calories, being terrified by that thought. Awesome!

The Shining,
Now that's a great flick.
Stroke of genius casting JN for the lead role.
As a fat loss supplement it sucked.
Muahahahah