• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New Routine

Light Weight

Hey,
Im trying to put a new routine together but i would love some input and advice.
Strength is my biggest priority followed my mass.

DAY ONE:
Squats
Leg Press
Chin Ups

DAY TWO:
Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Dips

DAY THREE:
Military Press
Upright Rows
Tricep Pull Downs

DAY FOUR:
Deadlifts
Rows
Bicep Curls
Shrugs

Squats, Bench Press, Military Press and Deadlifts, i will be using PPP and the other lifts will be 3x8.

I was just going to do the big 4 lifts but someone mentioned to me something about fillers.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Or switch day 2 with day 1. I know most squat at the beginning of the week, but try both and see. I know personally, I try to have deadlifting at the end of the week, doesn't always happen, but theres a reason its the last powerlift, and that's because its the most balls the wall lift, and smashes your cns. Try it out and see what works for you, that's the best way.

Did day one today and i added calf raises (leg press and calf raises are purely for size, i want BIG legs) and it worked out well. My legs were abit shaky after squats and leg press but thats expected :)
Will probably swap day one and two around next week and see how that goes.
Why doesnt PPP work with military press? What will make my MP go up?

last few months i had good gains just doing the the 'add reps or sets" untill i got a clean 5x5 out of a certain weight then move up 2.5kg

do the same for 3x8 if you want, some people say high reps for MP works better for them