• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New Program?

buncey

I have been doing the PTC program for around 6 weeks now and feeling really good about my performance and what i have reached!
i was wanting to know , what programs do you people out there do?
give us a your weekly workout and what your aiming for and what your trying to do with your body?

thanks buncey

PTC beginner routine and trying to weigh in at 80kg by mid next year. Hopefully reach 70-75kg by next year, ready for 1st fifteen rugby :D

Well done on sticking to the program for 6 weeks, what are your goals? You should keep going with it imho or just change up a couple of exercises. Have a look through the journals

I am in the middle of ppp, have had a week off with wisdom teeth surgery and cant wait to get back into it again.
I am finding I made better size gains with the 3x a week full body ptc type program as I am still a novice in strength standards, the ppp was never really meant for lifters like me but I really like how its set out. Adding a 2nd bench day would defiantly help which has been advised before

yerh im prity keen to hit the 120kg deadlift and 100kg squat!

but yerh i am eager to chuck in some more exercises and more working out!
i wanna push it to the limit

If you want to push it do a 4th day. But remember more is not always better, making your lifts quality by constant progression is the best way to push it, then eat A LOT.

I do Markos' PPP

Squat PPP
3x8 Stiff legs
3xfailure Sit ups

Bench PPP
3x8 Military Presses
3x8 Skull crushers

Deadlift PPP
3xfailure Chin ups
3x8 Bent rows

Note that there's a big difference in experience between us, and also about 100kg in the squat.

mine is like olis. just place skull crushes with dips. i've been doing SS for a few months, i had my first session of;
PPP nech
MP
dips
and some sprints

my chest is sore, but FUCK my legs are sore lol. just from sprints?

Ill throw up my program... Been on it for 12 weeks now and have made some good strength gains.

Day One:
Squats
Military press
Chins/ Lat pull downs
Tricep push downs

Day Two:
Bench press
Rows
Bicep curls
Shrugs

Day Three:
Deadlifts
Incline bench press
Dips
Upright rows

Sqauts, bench press and deadlifts are 5x5, 3x2 and a 1RM try.
All other exercises are strictly 5x5.
Add weight to all exercises once a week.

Lightweight, i think your rep range could be more conservative and your assistance work better organised.

Im pretty much done with that program now anyway... Heading onto PPP. It was my first program that i put together though and i made some very good gains off it.
Although looking at your stats in your sig, im not as strong as you yet...
My stats @ 5'10, 80kg bw - Squat - 140kg, Bench - 110kg, Deadlift - 190kg (200+kg with figure 8's, have a grip issue im working on) and Military press - 80kg.

plenty of food and PPP has worked for me. I enjoy the way it's set out because it means I simply follow it and I know I've done well when I hit the targets each week.

i workout monday,wednesday,friday with the PTC program and fcuk i get the urge
i wanna workout tuesday, thursdai, i usually do my core workouts tuesday ,thursdai
anything else i could chuck in?

I train 4 days a week and thats plenty for me. If your training hard you'll need a day or two off. Gotta recover and grow brother.