• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New Conditioning/Cardio Programme

SWH

I'm looking to start a full conditioning program and log mainly for weight loss.

At the moment i'm getting equipment together, i've managed to find someone who's giving away truck tyres in the industrial area near my house, i've figured that if i can find a big enough tyre i can use it for flips and sledgehammering. I'm also gonna try and get a smaller tyre maybe for sledding and I like the idea of farmers walks, might buy 2 heavy kettlebells and use them for that purpose, if i need to add weight i was thinking maybe just find a chain or rope, tie it to the kettlebell and add weight plates.

I live right across the road from a massive church carpark that never gets used and i was thinking of using it for my program. theres also a sloped area which i might add in to make things more difficult

I haven't done a lot of research into this and i'm looking for any possible ideas or help with this, is this an effective way for weight loss? i've figured that this will carry over into my training more than anything. I'd really like to do something like this anyway but if this could aid in my cut which i'm currently planning it would be great.

Any ideas or help anybody could provide would be much appreciated :)

Any exercise that helps put you into an overall calorie deficit will be beneficial. I have all of those things in my gym and love doing them more than "traditional" cardio.

I take it you'll be doing this in addition to regular resistance training?

Just have to be careful not to burn yourself out as it will eat into recovery.

Any exercise that helps put you into an overall calorie deficit will be beneficial. I have all of those things in my gym and love doing them more than "traditional" cardio.

I take it you'll be doing this in addition to regular resistance training?

Just have to be careful not to burn yourself out as it will eat into recovery.

Yup i'll still be lifting 3x a week, although i'm sure i won't be going up in lifts and i thought this might be beneficial. I think i'd enjoy it, i have a good environment outside my house a wide open space, fairly easy access to some large tyres etc. and i'm really not a runner and you won't find me on a treadmill or rower any time soon.

Yeah well i suppose the whole recovery thing is the hardest bit. I was thinking maybe do it after my lifting sessions?

Are you doing it for conditioning purposes or fat loss or both?

Bit of both. I want to do some sort of activity that will help keep me in calorie deficit while cutting down, id rather have the extra food and work harder. And i've always wanted to do something like this. So i'm doing it for both really, but the whole motivation to start would be for the fat loss

Just monitor the calories then and maybe either do a max of 2 separate sessions or short sessions after lifting. As pointed out you can easily burn out doing this on a cal deficit. Personally i think you would be better of at controlled maintenance for 6 months and just recomp to drop a little of that fat and still be able to put on a little muscle and get stronger.

Just monitor the calories then and maybe either do a max of 2 separate sessions or short sessions after lifting. As pointed out you can easily burn out doing this on a cal deficit. Personally i think you would be better of at controlled maintenance for 6 months and just recomp to drop a little of that fat and still be able to put on a little muscle and get stronger.

Well i might try this out, see how i'm progressing and if not then i'll start finding maintenances and recomposing etc. I'll still be probably just a little over maintenance while doing this

That's no possible if you are looking to cut. Maintenance is BMR + all activity which would not put you in a deficit.

Ohh. I have a lot to learn about weight loss lol. I tried out a course with stuff I could find around the house today, went like this:

Equipment- Boxing bag, Sledgehammer, 16kg Dumbbell, Rope

10 Sledgehammer strikes on each side
25 Bag flips
10 Dumbbell Swings
5 1 Hand presses
20m Bag sled

Done 3x