• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

new and in need of some advice

iamwilso

Hey guy's,
Been lurking for a while and decided to sign up as there is a lot of good information on here and replies to someone asking a question which may be simple/obvious arnt nasty or downputting which could turn some away. Thanks.

Anyway pretty usual story wife, kid, work away alot, no time, you know how it goes we've all heard it before.

So I started racing bike's againg this year and wow dont know how I did it when I was younger raced motorcross from 4yrs old till I was 19 no working out, eating shit, never had t do anything to keep fit just ride, but now time and lazyness has taken taken it's toll. I need to do something fast.

I could loose around 10-15 kgs (currently around 95), tone up, get a bit more muscle strenth. I dont want to get big. More Lean/ripped.

I do still ride a fair bit, my work involves around 50% manaul handling (20kgs average). Current fitness level woulld be average.

I have some dumbells, a bar with some weights my old man has had for years. I am getting a suspension trainer aswell, as these seem very versatile / portable (stay in motels for work alot) also let's me do more exercises than I can with just dumbells, I also have a chin up station.

Im not sure what the best approach is tho. Im kinda lost in a sea of information, different equipment, and want to keep it as simple as possible.

Not sure how to make a routine with the gear I have to acheive my goal of getting leaner. As most I have found have been targeted at bulking up.

Should I mix it up with straps and weights? I plan on working out 6 days a week for around 1/2 and hour to an hour and having 1 day rest, is this too much too soon?

Any advise, critisism, links, anything is much appreciated.
Thanks Wilso

run 3 times a week, weights 3 times a week.
work up to 5km over a few weeks, you will lose weight doing that. On the streets, not on a treadmill. take your ipod with some good tunes, it helps.
As for weights, keep it simple. Plenty of info on the net and here, Id start with full body routines, 2 exercises for each main bodypart (chest, shoulders, back & legs) with 10-12 reps each time for starters.
If you are working away, so some research on bodyweight routines. 100 pushups, 100 situps and 100 bodyweight squats over 10 sets (10pushups into 10 situps into 10 squats ten times) once a day will keep you going while on the road.

Thanks for the speedy replies. A workmate has just put me onto the clutch to 5 k app, looks pretty good so I'll give that a go along with a weights routine, not hard to throw the dumbbells in the car when I am away either.
Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Those two routines already linked are good. I also like the look of one a member posted a while back - it went something like this, I think:

Squat 5x10
SLDL 3x10
Bench 3x10
BB Row 3x10
Dips 5 x max reps
Chins 5 x max reps

Doesn't quite look right there. But it's close. A very old school hard work routine, basically.

edit: Here it is. Well, I kinda had the right idea...

Last edited: