• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need some help with diet please!!

Chappy

Hey guys been training for yr only just started
Cutting jut wanted to check if my diet is in tack
As a lot of yours have been in the game a lot longer
Morning protein shake and ceral mostly special k
2-3 hours later low fat yogurt
Lunch time chicken and salad salad made up of lettuce onion carrot capsicum
Mid snack apple pre workout protein shake
Tea chicken veg or steak veg or omelette veg made up of beans carrots corn
Night time snack some more low fat yogurt..

Let me no what you's think any help would be appreciated thanks all!!

You might be able to get more help if you what amounts of the food you are having, along with your weight and height and body fat % if you know it.

Oh also be careful with low fat yogurts as some of them are packed with sugar.

Thanks mate height 180 weight 114 body fat 25%
Have around a breast of chicken for lunch and a
Breast for tea with a decent serve of veggies or salad
Or a tbone steak average size not sure or weights of chicken
And steak don't weigh my food ATM probly should start!

Posting up your average daily calories, protein, carb and fat intake would be much more beneficial.

Obviously you need to also calculate what your daily targets should be and select meals which let you reach those targets.

work out your BMR/TDEE
subtract 20% from your Tdee if your looking to cut..

then work out your macros

check stickies

Last edited:
Translation:

1. Eat the same thing for 2 weeks and if your weight stays the same - you've found your maintenance calories.
2. Drop 10-20% or 200-400 calories off that amount, then hold that until your weight stalls/you aren't seeing changes in the mirror, then rinse and repeat.
3. Of those calories, as a bare minimum:
- keep your protein intake up, particularly as you are cutting (opinions vary but you can't go wrong with about 2.2 grams of protein per kg, eg at 81kg, I eat roughly 180g protein a day)
- have a decent amount of fats, (opinions vary but you could start with about 1 gram of fat per kg, eg at 81kg I eat roughly 80g fat a day - if that's too much, go lower than this amount)
- fill the rest of your calories with either more protein, fat, or carbs.
4. Keep up your weights 3x or so a week.
5. At least initially consider using an app such as dailyburn or myfitnesspal to track your calories.

Otherwise, do what works for you eg some people need more or less carbs.

Enjoy.

you just need to be at a caloric defecit..

make sure you get enough protein, it also looks low carb, and you havent mentoined calorie intake..
maybe sought that out, also you dont need to eat so often, if you want to "graze" thats fine, but dont beleive that is neccasary