• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need advice

Drak

Hi all , just looking for some help and information regarding supplements, i have just started training, some cardio and weight training.

Looking to see what supplements would help me, i am looking at trying to bulk up and also increase my cardio fitness in the process.

I am trying to eat well, normally 1st meal is 5:30 am then eat again around 9:00 am. Unfortunately i dont get a chance to eat next till around 4:00 pm. This may not be ideal.

Sometimes when it comes time to train i am feeling fatigued and very flat.

So questions are

1/ should i be taking Protien shakes?
2/ is there something that will lift my energy levels before a workout?
3/ what is a good supplement that may help me bulk up ?
4/ are there any other supplements that i should take?

I fully understand that a good diet and hard work are also necessary but any help will be great, if you could include when i should take supplement pre/post workout would be helpful.

thanks

If you cannot eat between 9.30 and 4pm then I would suggest a couple of protein shakes or meal replacement shakes in between. I assume you can stop for 5 mins to prepare and down a shake.

Hi Drak, I assume that you are training of a afternoon/night. If you are there are quite a few pre-work out supplements out there, But you will find most of them contain large amounts of caffine. This is not so good if you are taking them only a few hours before bed as this will mess with your sleep paterns.

As for supplements that you should be taking is a multi-vitamin and fish oil as a minimum.

Just remember that supplements are just that, they are there to supplement your diet not replace it.