• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need a body building plan

See what I mean about quals and lifts in the sig? Someone with lifts bigger than I've ever managed says you don't need bodyweight work to prepare for barbell work.

And physically, it's often true - though it depends on the person's background, eg a woman who played netball at state level for six years can go straight to the barbells, a guy who always got picked last for teams in school and never does anything more physical than click his mouse probably needs some general preparation first.

However, mentally is another thing. I think we can all agree that if you don't have the resolve to do a few pushups in the park every day, you certainly won't do anything with the squat rack in your garage.

The best workout is the one you stick to. I suggest creating the habit of exercise before spending money on a gym or equipment.

Before the adjustable barbell all you had was dumb bells equvilent to KB's
a chinning bar and a dipping bar.

Work hard enough- you can become very strong and muscular.

The practice of lifting weight is as old as dirt.

Yeah, I'd fork out for the equipment straight off the bat too.

Big D, you're not going to find the equipment any cheaper than that on ebay. Sorry mate.

(why do people think this gear is so expensive anyway? its two years gym membership - also any hobby is going to cost, you ever seen the price of turntables or a decent bass?)

I would buy the equipment straight up also - most people would spend more than that on fags and grog every year. Use your money wisely and buy something that will last.

(why do people think this gear is so expensive anyway? its two years gym membership - also any hobby is going to cost, you ever seen the price of turntables or a decent bass?)

Some people just dont have any space at home :(

Don't forget there are lots of people in different situations, out there.

We don't all live at home with mum and dad. Some of us are "old" and are married with children. So money and space can really be an issue.

If I were young again, not married with kids, well, I'd have a shed load of equip.:)
Then again I wouldn't have my beautiful wife and great kids.

Good luck to you Oliver04.
Mike.

Mike, it ain't all that great being young!

My mum literally SCREAMED at me when I bought my power rack and she and my girlfriend like to gang up on me for being 'too bulky' :(

LMFAO:p

When I was a lad.....lol

P.S. get a bloody hair cut, Hippy!

Mike, it ain't all that great being young!

My mum literally SCREAMED at me when I bought my power rack and she and my girlfriend like to gang up on me for being 'too bulky' :(

Last edited: