• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My Routine - any advice / thoughts

username0

1 warmup set before each new exercise.
Usually bump up my working weight once I can hit the max rep successfully.
I am leaving deadlifts out at the moment due to a sore hamstring but notice squats work the hamstring slightly anyway.

These days are not in order and I will try to have a rest/cardio day in between the similar muscle group days like chest / tricep.
I do all of these days every week.

Day 1
Chest
Incline bench or flat bench (rotate each week)
2 x 8 reps (60kg)
4 x 4-7 reps (72.5kg)
1 x 1 rep (82.5kg)

Incline flyes
5 x 8-12 reps (17.5kg each bell)

Pushups
Pushups till failure x 2

Bicep
Standing Barbell curl
4 x 8-12 (33kg)

Hammer curl (seated or standing)
4 x 8-12 (15kg each)

Forearm Wrist curls + reverse curl super set
4 x 8-12 (22.5kg)

Day 2
Back
Barbell Row
3 x 8-12 (45kg) - very parallel to the floor
3 x 4-7 (55kg) - more upright

Chin-ups/ pull ups
3 x 8 chin ups
3 x 8 pullups

Triceps
Close grip bench
2 x 8 (60kg)
4 x 4-7 (70kg)

Dips
2 x 12-15
4 x 8-12 (10kg)

Skull crushes (sometimes)
4 x 8-12 (32kg)

Day 3
Legs
Squats
2 x 8-12 (60kg)
4 x 4-7 (110kg)
2 x 1-2 (130kg)

Leg Extensions
4 x 8-12 (75kg)

Hamstring - injured atm

Core
Gut clinchers / Planks
10 x 10

Side lifts
3 x 12 (20kg)

Chinup holds - leg raises from chinup
5 x 8

Day 4
Shoulders
Seated Military Press
3 x 8-12 (45kg) Incline
3 x 4-7 (55kg) upright

Upright Rows
5 x 8-12 (32kg)

Side Lat raises or shrugs
Any amount

Rotator Cuff work
4 x 8-12 (light)

been at it for about 3 months now changed a couple of small things like added more incline benches and more fore arm work and removed deadlift for now.

I usually dont i combine shoulders with some light cardio work

doing really hard lifting for 1 year now had my good gym for 6 months.

in 3 months ive gone from benching 70 to 82kg squatting 100 to 130kg and MP from 42 to 52kg.

Bicep curl from 30 - 42kg max.

Strength wise ive felt really good about it.

But size, lots of people say i look big now but i dont see it myself... I see alot of veins and definition, particularly when i flex i look good. But not huge size yet..
But i was a skinny guy to begin with so its been tough work to make gains.

I stopped reading after day 1

Why would biceps require more sets than chest?

Not too mention the extra work the biceps will receive on your back exercises.

I would do biceps on the same day as chins, triceps on the same day as chest. It looks like you're double hitting your arms each week with chins & curls, and press & tricep work, could you not hit your major exercises twice as well by putting exercises together as I suggested? Maybe doing it the way you are isn't such a bad idea, though.

Too much bicep volume in there .. or so it seems to me. Chins do a lot for your biceps by the way... My 1rm curl when I first tried it was 50kg, just from doing lots of chins. I do 3-4 sets (max) of barbell curls after chin ups and I could probably curl almost 60kg now.

My 2c..