• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My mate is trying to drop some kilos.

Take a thermogenic fat burner. Go on it for a month or two with a low carb diet. Cardio Cardio Cardio!
And the reasoning behind all this cardio is???

Maybe he's trying to get fit so he can run the Boston marathon?

All that cardio will shrink your body...muscle and fat...:cool:

^^That's exactly right. It pisses me off when TV shows glorify people for losing weight, but they actually look worse off. A guy on ACA or Today Tonight was shown today, after losing 80 odd kilos, he was anorexic with excess skin hanging off everywhere.

I just went out and bought a Brand New Kawasaki Z-1000 2009 and took it home and said, Hi Honey look what I got!

Don't give her a chance to say no !

^^That's exactly right. It pisses me off when TV shows glorify people for losing weight, but they actually look worse off. A guy on ACA or Today Tonight was shown today, after losing 80 odd kilos, he was anorexic with excess skin hanging off everywhere.

Yeah but they are less likely to die of a heart attack...or fall off a motorbike...

Anyway BigJim you didn't say how overweight your mate is...but Im assuming he is 15kg away from a healthy weight, otherwise why should he lose it?

Anyway there are plenty of people who lose weight or live healthy lives without becoming body builders or powerlifters and there are plenty of people who eat whatever they feel like and are healthy because they train heaps.

If he wants to eat rice with dinner and have a ham cheese sandwich for lunch who cares? That didn't make him 15kg overweight, and neither will eating fruit after mid-day...rice, ham sandwiches, fruit? Pretty sure nutritionists eat that stuff...

My advice would be just to chill out and make sure he cuts out the real junk that got him where he is, get him active and he'll lose the weight slowly.

And remember, he doesn't want abs, he wants a motorbike :)

Fruit after lunch - No
Rice for dinner - Hell No
Vibrating machine - Um .. No

Sounds like your mates weightloss journey is going to be a long one, unless he educates himself and then applies it.