• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My Full Body Routine

I usually walk 9 but cart for 18. It's more the time factor, half a day is gone for 18 holes if you walk.

Ok, well I haven't played in ages so I don't know. Can't I hire a cart, don't wanna buy one. This is a private Golf Club BTW.

Yeah man, can hire one.
You'll need to find out what the club's policies are, some of the 'more prestige' clubs will require you to have a decent handicap before they allow you to become a member. A lot of the ones over here even require you to be nominated by other members to get in. Can't just walk up and play.

This club is part of the estate where I'm moving too. Part of my annual community fee.

Caramel Lattes now Golf. I got nothing positive to add to this Golf malarkey. Can you put your revised Program up pls [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; This thread is becoming a severe disappointment. Golf ........ farrrkkk!

P.S. better get in here [MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION]; if Shrek leaves El Freako might become the Super Odjuator, there won't be a thread we're not banned from!

Revised one will be up after dinner.

Also I don't seen the need to pull before push. What's the logic?

Work the larger muscle group before the smaller one. Subsequently, avoid the hunched over look most lifters have due to an over emphasis on chest.

Hate to be the odd one out here but I don't like full body routines. You get each muscle group warm then move on to the next one without putting it under any pressure. Full body routines are a great way to look like you used to train.

Hope it works for you Shrek but I'd be willing to bet that you start cheating and looking for a little bit of volume once you get disappointed.

Good luck with the golf mate, I'd offer some advice but I've got nothing. I get excellent value for my fees when I play golf, I get to take twice as many shots as everyone else for the same price.

Revised

Day 1 (Low Reps)
  • Front Squats 5 x 5 (Quads)
  • Bench 5 x 5 (Chest)
  • Military press 5 x 5 (Shoulders)
  • T-bar Row 5 x 5 (Back)
  • Barbell Curl ss* Skull Crusher 3 x 8 (Bi's and Tri's)

Day 2 (High Reps)

• Leg Press 2 x 15 (Quads)
  • Leg Curl 2 x 15 (Hammy's)
  • Pullover 2 x15 (Lats / Chest)
  • Assisted Pullups (untill I can do 15) or Lat Pulldown 2 x 15 (Back)
  • Dumbell Shoulder Press 2 x 15 (Shoulders)
  • Side Cable ss Rear Delt Cable Raise 2 x 15 (Shoulders)
  • Cable Curl ss* Tricep Pushdown 2 x 15 (Bi's and Tri's)

Day 3 (Medium Reps)
  • Front Squat 3 x 8 (Quad)
  • Leg Extension 3 x 8 (Quad)
  • Bench Press 3 x 8 (Chest)
  • Chest Supported Row 3 x 8 (Back)
  • Hammer Shoulder Press 3 x 8 (Shoulders)
  • Barbell Shrugs 3 x 8 (Traps)
  • Underhand Grip Chins ss* Dips 3 x 8 (Bi's and Tri's)

Revised. Added pullovers on day 2 and removed Inc press and SLDL. Moved leg Ext to day 3.
Wanna add something for lower back, probably hypers but where?

Last edited:
Hate to be the odd one out here but I don't like full body routines. You get each muscle group warm then move on to the next one without putting it under any pressure. Full body routines are a great way to look like you used to train.

Hope it works for you Shrek but I'd be willing to bet that you start cheating and looking for a little bit of volume once you get disappointed.

Good luck with the golf mate, I'd offer some advice but I've got nothing. I get excellent value for my fees when I play golf, I get to take twice as many shots as everyone else for the same price.
its for a change of pace for a while until I get my home gym set up again in a few weeks. Just real busy with work and relocating. This suits for a while.

lol you don't play golf, there are no courses 500km west of Townsville. ;)

It's good for a change of pace like intended. I did it for about 3 months before starting my current routine and enjoyed it. Could get in and out of the gym in great time and still maintain enough mass/strength that you don't go backwards when you want more volume.

That the plan. Once I'm in my home gym again it'll be full on again. I'll write myself a new program.

Revised one will be up after dinner.

Also I don't seen the need to pull before push. What's the logic?

the logic is, you can make more inroad into the larger muscles fresh strength earlier in a routine, the larger muscles of the upper body are more often than not in are in your back, well should be.

Many young blokes, think it's cool to have big boobs, but reckon most posses an ironing board flat back as a result of spending too much time and energy on the muscles they can see.

it looks shithouse.

Fair enough but I will say my back is not lagging nor is my chest. Shoulders and arms on the other hand. ..grrr