• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My Full Body Routine

its for a change of pace for a while until I get my home gym set up again in a few weeks. Just real busy with work and relocating. This suits for a while.

lol you don't play golf, there are no courses 500km west of Townsville. ;)

Ok. I'll let you go full body for a few weeks. You can't do any damage in that time. Any longer than that and you'd be better off with Zumba.

You are right it's a long time since I played golf but the closest course to me is only about 150ks. It has sand greens.

Hate to be the odd one out here but I don't like full body routines. You get each muscle group warm then move on to the next one without putting it under any pressure. Full body routines are a great way to look like you used to train. Hope it works for you Shrek but I'd be willing to bet that you start cheating and looking for a little bit of volume once you get disappointed.
What is pressure? By pressure, are you referring to the level of intensity perhaps? You make mention of "volume" as being the productive part of a workout (at least that is the way I understood it based on your comment).

I don't see volume being a separate entity from intensity. Volume is part of the overall picture, and just like high intensity, can be abused and is abused by many well-meaning bodybuilders. I don't think the picture is as simplistic as to say, a full body workout program is less beneficial than one that is not so. Other factors that play a huge part in the overall scheme of things are one's understanding of overtraining vs. under recovering. Whilst one takes place inside the gym, the other does so outside the gym. I feel that with the way trainees go about their way with under recovering, the chance of overtraining is magnified many times over due to following body split routines.

1. A bodybuilder can make progress on both type of programs and look like a bodybuilder.

2. A bodybuilder can use the best thought over routine and fail to improve due to personal stress or the way he deals with such stress, affecting the state of his overall recovery.

3. What one does outside the gym has a huge impact on what occurs inside the gym.

4. My last point (for now) and most important is the fact that, under recovering has many faces that impact on one's progress. Training and overtraining is but one aspect (restricted to the gym),... under recovering (done outside the gym) is made up of many little things added up to make a huge impact on that wonderful thing we call progress and muscle growth.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Thanks Fadi. I am on my phone and I'm pretty useless with it so this will be short. I like your under recovering concept. I think that is a big problem with underperformance.

The problem that I see with full body routines is more an undertraining issue. I'm sure it can be done properly but it's not easy. I think full body is better suited to strength goals rather than physique goals.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using Tapatalk

Thanks Fadi. I am on my phone and I'm pretty useless with it so this will be short. I like your under recovering concept. I think that is a big problem with underperformance.

The problem that I see with full body routines is more an undertraining issue. I'm sure it can be done properly but it's not easy. I think full body is better suited to strength goals rather than physique goals.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using Tapatalk
By "undertraining", I think you mean not an appropriate stimulation of the muscle fibres. In your post to Adrian, you based that lack of stimulus on not enough volume (if I'm following your reasoning correctly here Sir). I have a solution to this possible problem, that is not restricted to only full body workout. My solution may actually surprise you. Hold back! You read it correctly. Many well meaning trainees want to cover all their bases, and by doing so, end up with way too many exercises that simply overlap each other when it comes to a particular body part. One would serve himself best if one carefully chooses one compound exercise per muscle groups instead of two or more, which would obviously eat up into the necessary level of muscle fibre overloading that is concerning you and perhaps making you shy away from choosing a full body workout. I hear you when you say "undertraining", however undertraining overtraining or under recovering all these are controlled by the lifter and are not in and of themselves in control of the outcome of that lifter.

I thank you for this discussion, and I hope we're both benefiting from sharing our ideas Sir.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Been thinking about going back to a 3 day per week routine after I give this Push/Pull/Legs at least 3 months.

I Liked the look of this routine:

Day 1 - Monday

Squat 3-5x 5-12
Bench Press 3-5x 5-12
Barbell Row 3-5x 5-12
Seated Dumbbell Press 3-5x 5-12
Barbell or Dumbbell Curl 3x 8-12
Skullcrushers or Seated Dumbbell Extension 3x 5-12

Day 2 - Wednesday

Deadlift 3-5x 5-8
Dips 3-5x 5-12
Pull Ups 3-5x 5-12
Military Press 3-5x 5-12
Seated Calf Raise 3x 10-25
Abs Exercise of Choice 3x 10-25

Day 3 - Friday

Leg Press 3-5x 5-20
Dumbbell Bench Press or Incline Bench Press 3-5x 5-12
Dumbbell Row or Seated Cable Row 3-5x 5-12
Upright Row 3-5x 5-12
Barbell or Dumbbell Curl 3x 8-12
Skullcrushers or Seated Dumbbell Extension 3x 5-12

I know you don't want to Back Squat or Deadlift, but have you thought of running the Mondays with Front Squat, Wednesday either Deadlifts and Leg curls, or Leg Presses and S.L.D.L. and Fridays either Leg Presses or Front Squats? [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION];

Yeah I have thought about it. I'm considering adding back squats and deads again. I'll be back training at home in a few weeks so I'll change it up then.
Cheers