• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My Food Plan / Workout Routine. What Do you Think?

Will I Become lean and Ripped Following This Diet and Workout Routine

• Yes (With Changes Made)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters

impulse

Lets Start of With

-
Name - Josh
-
Age - 16
- Gender - Male
- Location - Brisbane
- Training experience (if you have any that is)
On and off over the past years but have decided to get seriously and am completely motivated and dedicated to getting ripped.
- Any Interests
Any Sport, In particular, Ice Hockey, Rugby Union/League, Basketball

Now Lets Get down to the Nitty Gritty Stuff i am 85kg, Roughly 194cm, 6'3 Tall and very dedicated to getting ripped.

I am here as it is a AUSTRALIAN Site (woohoo :p) and would like your input and hear your suggest on what changes or benefits i could do to my Food plan and Workout Routine.

Food Plan:

MEAL 1:
For a high protein breakfast make scrambled eggs (5 whites and one yolk) ok toast with some low fat ham, knock this down with a glass of V8 juice and plenty of water.
As an alternative higher carb option try a bowl of porridge with some fresh blue berries thrown in and again wash down with some fresh juice and loads of water

MEAL 2: (about 11am)
A protein bar or protein shake and a piece of fresh fruit

MEAL 3: (Lunch)
If going out try sushi, good grilled kebabs, baked potatoes filled with tuna (avoid tuna mixed with mayonnaise.
If making your own lunch try a whole-wheat pasta or brown rice salad with chicken or turkey, fresh vegetables, sultanas ect.
If making sandwiches use whole-wheat bread and make sure you use at least as much meat and veg as you do bread.

MEAL 4: (2 pm)
Either go for a protein shake with a good mix of protein and carb or if you want solid food, a tub of cottage cheese and a couple of pieces of fruit

MEAL 5: (post workout)
Take a shake ideally that consists of approx 50 grams of protein and 50 grams of carb’s to replenish muscles after intense workout. If not working out (either carb or rest day) omit this meal

MEAL 6: (Dinner)
About an hour after workout and shake its whole food time and this could be a plate of chicken, brown rice and broccoli or grilled steak, baked potato and a salad.
If looking for desserts, have fruit.

MEAL 7: (Bed time)
Take a whey protein shake about an hour prior to bed. No carb’s needed here as they would have a chance to be stored as body fat so just straight protein for the last meal. If you don’t fancy a shake try a tub of cottage cheese.

Workout Routine

Note: Prior To Each Session, 10minutes Warm up - Treadmill/Cross Trainer/Stretching and a 5minute Cool Down and 5 Minute Stretch On completion.

Sets Reps
Monday -
Arms
Barbell Curl 4x 20 15 12 10
Dumbbell Curl 3x 15 12 10
Concentration Curl 3x 15 12 10
Lying Tricep Extension 4x 15 12 10 10
Rope Pushdown 3x 15 12 10
Dumbbell Extension 3x 15 12 10
ABS 4x 50 50 50 50

Tuesday - Legs Squats 4x 20 15 12 10
Leg Press 3x 15 12 10
Leg Extension 3x 20 15 12 10
Leg Curl 4x 20 15 12 10
Straight Leg Deadlifts 3x 15 12 10
Seated Calf Raise 3x 15 12 10
Standing Calf Raise 3x 20 15 12
ABS 4x 50 50 50 50

Wednesday - Chest
Incline Dumbbell Press 4x 15 12 12 10
Flat Dumbbell Press 3x 15 12 10
Decline Dumbbell Press 3x 15 12 10
Cable Crossovers 2x 12 12
Incline Flys 2x 12 12
ABS 4x 50 50 50 50

Thursday - Back
Smith Machine Barbell Row 4x 15 12 10 10
Bent Over Dumbbell Rows 3x 15 12 10
Wide Grip Pulldown 3x 15 12 10
Seated Rowing 3x 15 12 10
Hyper-Extension 4x 15 12 10 10
ABS 4x 50 50 50 50

Friday - Shoulders
Shoulder Press 4x 15 12 10 10
Side Lateral Raises 3x 15 12 10
Seated lat raises 3x 15 12 10
Dumbbell Shrugs 3x 15 12 10
ABS 4x 50 50 50 50

Following this routine and diet am I looking towards becoming ripped later on down the track?

Last edited:
Your fucking kidding right?

That diet and workout is copy and paste. look at ptc's beginner program in the strength forum, and eat oats, steak, chicken, eggs, brown rice, fruit and veges.

Too complicated. You would get more out of no equipment and just doing squats, pushups and inverted rows. Look around the forum for better routines from people who've been through it all before and who've coached others.

Add a drop set to the standing calf raise and let's make this thread a sticky.

MEAL 1:
As an alternative higher crab option try a bowl of porridge with some fresh blue berries thrown in and again wash down with some fresh juice and loads of water

MEAL 4: (2 pm)
Either go for a protein shake with a good mix of protein and crab or if you want solid food, a tub of cottage cheese and a couple of pieces of fruit

lolwut?

10 Characters

Your fucking kidding right?

That diet and workout is copy and paste. look at ptc's beginner program in the strength forum, and eat oats, steak, chicken, eggs, brown rice, fruit and veges.

I have The files On my computer and instead re writing it all up i just copied and pasted from my document.

Too complicated. You would get more out of no equipment and just doing squats, pushups and inverted rows. Look around the forum for better routines from people who've been through it all before and who've coached others.

Cheers for the input mate and i will do some more research around the forumn.

Drop set would go nicely in there i agree, and a sticky would be nice, but me and a mate constructed this workout so its not got a Personal Training Sort or Experience in it.

Fuck getting ripped at 16 mate. Put on 20 kg first from squats and milk.

Better early than later on i reckon, Just lost 17kg cutting so i am now going to be putting on muscle mass

What no wrist curls?

Didnt Think they were going to be needed, But remember as i said me and a mate construct this.

Can You Also Explain Why You have Voted No As i need this information to help me.

Last edited:
No was explained by Kyle Aaron. Oh and DKD was joking lol.
Bulk up, lift smart, lift heavy, be consistent = being big. Then cut down.

this is hilarious.

@impulse

IT looks like you got your diet from Gym Bodies
but your workout seems homemade.

Ahhhh take it from someone who has tried it before mate. There are too many exercises in your workouts. I would recommend a beginner workout from http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/9660-beginners-look-here.html

your diet can be found from http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/9001-3200-calorie-food-plan.html
(you may need to maybe add some more carbs for recovery if you do that much sport)

But the essentials
Squat, Deadlift and Bench (BIG 3) - weekly workouts MUST include.
Eggs, fruit and veg, milk, fish, chicken and beef. Diet should consists of.

EDIT: also take it from me. dont get ripped now, start bulking first and cut later.

Hope this helps a bit.

this is hilarious.

@impulse

IT looks like you got your diet from Gym Bodies
but your workout seems homemade.

Ahhhh take it from someone who has tried it before mate. There are too many exercises in your workouts. I would recommend a beginner workout from http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/9660-beginners-look-here.html

your diet can be found from http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/9001-3200-calorie-food-plan.html
(you may need to maybe add some more carbs for recovery if you do that much sport)

But the essentials
Squat, Deadlift and Bench (BIG 3) - weekly workouts MUST include.
Eggs, fruit and veg, milk, fish, chicken and beef. Diet should consists of.

EDIT: also take it from me. dont get ripped now, start bulking first and cut later.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thank You Someone Actually Giving me the Feedback i wanted instead of Criticizing. Do you Think i Would be Better off doing the 5x5 stronglift programm instead as they consist of all the composite workouts?

way too many sets and reps, youll be spending ages at the gym every day you lift. get rid of some of the ones which are pointless i.e. seated calf raise then standing calf raise, thats pointless. Also 200 sit-ups every workout - you won't stick to this. Simple is better, you''ll find it easier to stick to.

Thank You Someone Actually Giving me the Feedback i wanted instead of Criticizing. Do you Think i Would be Better off doing the 5x5 stronglift programm instead as they consist of all the composite workouts?

No i dont think that would be useful when you are a beginner.its more of a intermediate base and plateau-ing.

My belief. Do the Rippetoes Beginner Workout or the PTC beginner. do this for at least 12 weeks.

And your nutrition plan should be mod protein, high carbs and low fats.
Aim for 3000calories a day. its about 6meals of 500 calories (not too difficult if you ask me).

Hope this helps a bit.