• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My Fitness Pal

Big Mick

"2014 - Kunce of the year"
Been using 'My Fitness Pal' to log what I have been eating for the last few days mainly to see how may calories I actually consume on an average.

Now using it I am convinced that the average person is a moron:rolleyes:

Most of the foods in there are logged in a way that it is impossible to work out how many calories there are in something.

Just punched in Potatoes, and it comes up with ounces of potatoes, half a bowl (what fucking size is the bowl moron), a large potato, three small potatoes and even medium potatoes.

How about just logging how many calories there are in 100gram instead of a mystical bowl of potatoes, then there are readings that vary greatly for the same thing.

Anyway I am done.

Is there any better applications to log your food on an iPhone??

Haha I've only had that problem once and it was potatoes aswell lol

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

Is there a way on the app to save single foods as favourites? I know how to create a full meal and save it.

Some foods I use regularly seem to disappear and I have to go searching again. Thats my only issue with the app on Android.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Is there a way on the app to save single foods as favourites? I know how to create a full meal and save it.

Some foods I use regularly seem to disappear and I have to go searching again. Thats my only issue with the app on Android.

Maybe android is different. On iphone it automatically saves all your recent foods. Never had any of them disappear.

saves all recent foods on my android app.

tip: search for the food you want and add "usda" always comes up correct that way. (from every search I've done anyway)

Totally agree Big Mick. Measuring in cups and bowls is ridiculous. (and one reason why people end up thinking that they can't lose weight on very low cals, hint they are not actually on very low cals!)

To solve this issue i have done the following

For food i eat all the time - I have cross referenced with 3 or 4 sites, taken whats the most common and created my own entry.

If things are entered as per 100g, I will always triple check

It's great once you get all your regular foods into it, it pays to spend a bit of time weighing and entering things manually particularly as you've found out others don't do quite as good a job.

It's super handy to sync between your phone and the web, means you can access the data regardless of device and even use the phone in offline mode.

There should be a tab that says Frequent foods/meals

Mick, try searching "USDA potatoes", for example. It's usually very reliable. Same goes for all basic foods like meats, veggies.

Will try that drives me insane.

Even scanning stuff often brings up weird things.

But I am getting my stuff I use in there making it better, and faster to log what I eat.