• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My Diet

Chedder Bob

I read a lot of threads on these forums and nutrition articles in general, so i finally figured its about time i got some direct advice.
This the diet to which im currently sticking to, so i wanted to make sure i had everything working right.
First up im trying to slowly cut down my body fat %, im 172cm at 85kg, a stocky build.
I hit gym 3 nights a week and have started working a labouring job for the uni holidays which is pretty intense, so im concentrating on my diet. It is as follows.

I take 4.5 grams of fish oil daily and a multi (tresos b)

Breakfast: Shake with water, 3 whole eggs and a banana (eat while i drive to work)
Smoko: 200g Kanga mince with grean beans
Lunch: 50 grams uncooked brown rice, 200g tuna, 2 whole eggs and 250g bag of veg
PreWorkout: 200g sweet potato, 200g kanga bangas plus green beans
Post workout - shake with water
Dinner: Chicken breast or steak with 250g veg

Non gym days i swap Preworkout with a handful of almonds
My plan is to obviously keep protein high, use carbs for when i need energy and when i dont replace carbs with good fats.

Totals for the day equal
Protein: 284g
Carbs: 148
Fat: 53

All up i figure im hitting around 2200-2300 cals at about 300-400 under maintenance.

What do you guys think ?

Looks alright. You will know if its working if you are losing about 2kg a month (bit more or bit less). 2kg a month is a good guide because its generally a lot more fat lost then muscle lost.