• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My deadlifts feel harder and slower with my inzer lever belt...

SWH

I've had my inzer forever lever belt for about a month now, it was a struggle for the first 2 weeks getting used to it, i can wear it relatively comfortablyt now without any bruising around the hips or anything, although i've noticed that my deadlifts have recently felt almost worse when i wear it? I can't pull as fast as I do without a belt, its a grind the whole way i'm not sure if it needs some more breaking in or what it is but at the moment my belt isn't doing much for me with deads.

Anybody with a lever belt care to help me out? I'm sure im just over thinking but its been on my mind

Are you leaving enough room for you to expand you stomach? Not that you would have much of one lol. A 1 or 2 finger gap is all I need

Where do you wear it? Recently alot more people have been wearing it higher, about on the upper row of abs.

I didn't make the thread to discuss why/why not to lift with a belt.. but i'll let you know anyway

It helps me to lift more weight, obviously in this threads case it doesn't feel like it but thats my opinion and thats why i use one, i plan on lifting with a belt in competition so i do the same while training 90% +. No different to training with knee wraps

Are you leaving enough room for you to expand you stomach? Not that you would have much of one lol. A 1 or 2 finger gap is all I need

Where do you wear it? Recently alot more people have been wearing it higher, about on the upper row of abs.

I can expand my stomach, Theres not really any gap I can fit a finger in but its not a gap, I wear it just above the hip bone not really high just regular i guess

Am I don't use the lever for deadlifts, squat and deadlift are 2 different widths on the belt so i use old Bertha for deadlifts.

Fuck, sorry I asked

Sorry, I answered your question? I just don't want this to turn into one of those discussions cause i've seen it on other threads, then the whole subject will be ignored lol

Hey mate I started using the lever a couple months ago its gotta be loose enough so it doesn't restrict movement but tight enough so when you fill your diaphram with air it pushes against it hard. I woild say a snug fit when your standing.

Mine always leaves bruises, not to sure why these would worry you.

Experiment with the placement. For example I like high for squat but low on hips for dead. It tends to creep up when I get in position anyway.

It should be helping not hindering, I personally reckon a belt on me is good for 10-15kg on 1rm deads.

ive been thinking of getting one once they are back in stock, how is it on other lifts? mainly squat?

Ive heard some lads have different tightness for different lifts, maybe this could be part of the problem

Hey mate I started using the lever a couple months ago its gotta be loose enough so it doesn't restrict movement but tight enough so when you fill your diaphram with air it pushes against it hard. I woild say a snug fit when your standing.

Mine always leaves bruises, not to sure why these would worry you.

Experiment with the placement. For example I like high for squat but low on hips for dead. It tends to creep up when I get in position anyway.

It should be helping not hindering, I personally reckon a belt on me is good for 10-15kg on 1rm deads.

I might have a play with different lengths and see how it feels, I don't really get bruising anymore anyway as well. I'll have a look now thanks

Ah that would make sense, old bertha?

A really old belt I purchased with a wide back and thin front. My torso is quite short and those inzer belts are wide/high, so they are great for squatting but not so good for deads.
Big Adam Rowe needs 2 different belt sizes also.

ive been thinking of getting one once they are back in stock, how is it on other lifts? mainly squat?

Ive heard some lads have different tightness for different lifts, maybe this could be part of the problem

I haven't had one for long but it seems like the best investment for a belt, I can't ever imagine it tearing or breaking on me and if it did it would probably just be the lever itself. I'd recommend it to you definately, as soon as it broke in a little it worked wonders for my squat, you can feel a big difference as soon as you hit the hole, much more stability

The adjustment in length made a difference i'll be looking forward to trying it out tomorrow :)

I haven't had one for long but it seems like the best investment for a belt, I can't ever imagine it tearing or breaking on me and if it did it would probably just be the lever itself. I'd recommend it to you definately, as soon as it broke in a little it worked wonders for my squat, you can feel a big difference as soon as you hit the hole, much more stability

SWH, where did you get your forever belt? House of pain?

You're probably using it wrong
Start using it on every set. Even warm-ups. You need to practice using it. It took me a while but when I dip my hips to pull I will then tense my obliques and push out on the belt. I already have my air

Lots of people seem to have problems with this so I might make a video sometime. When the gym is empty lol

A lot of people find that they need their belts set to different levels of tightness on the deadlift and squat. You may have to adjust the lever settings and make it either one notch tighter or one notch looser for your deadlifts.

You'd go 1 looser for deads.

I hate them for conventional deadlifts. I havent worn one for a very long time.