• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

multivitamins

J

JMF1011

What multivitamins does everyone take? I've just been taking swisse multi's they seem to go alright, don't really have anythi g to compare them too though. Is or has anyone taken any bodybuilding specific ones? I looked at Gaspari nutrition anavite but they seem sorta costly especially considering its 3 caps per serve.

Haven't taken a multi for about 3 years.
Don't feel any different. Same goes for fish oil.

Bought this new fish oil, double strength supposed to be.
the only problem is they not double in strength, kunce are double in size, it's like swallowing golf balls.

I stopped taking multivitamins once I found out that there was no evidence at all that they were of any benefit to health etc.

They affect people in different ways. Take them for a while, then stop taking them and see if you feel any different. Personally I only notice the affects of fish oil. When I stop taking it my joints get sore. I still take a multi vitamin and is more due to habit. If your diet is quite good there really is no need. But if you do have a shitty diet with mostly processed food I would take them at every chance.

Only multivitamin I've ever used that actually seems to have an effect is made by a UK company called Vitabiotics, they ship to Australia but with exchange rates and shipping I normally stock up get 6 months supply. Just the essentials, multi, omega 3 and vit C.

Why do you want a multivitamin? If you think you are deficient in a vitamin get your levels tested by a doc and if low take that vitamin you are deficient in. Just throwing down a random group of vitamins down for no reason makes no sense and so far no research has showed benefits of taking a multi, the opposite infact.

I am with the other guys - honestly I can't tell the difference when I am taking it and when I'm not - if I ever get really sick I will normally add it in - but other than that I have not consistently used a multi for a number of years now - really the only thing I will use to Zinc/Vit C - if I see Fish Oil at a REALLY good price I may buy some - but don't go out of my way to find it.

They are good, when you hit the beers hard all weekend, they help restore some sort of balance in the body.