• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

MPress wont go up

On a jerk and PP, your body provides the drive.

On a MP, the drive comes from delts and triceps. You wont get much tricep involvement if your elbows arent pointing to the ground, like a bench press.

it is like bench pressing you want your wrists and elbows to be aligned, ie your forarms need to be verticle, not bent backwards.

If your elbows are forward it places more pressure on the elbow joint, your delts are already 30+% contracted, and the begining of the lift is almost all triceps.

When your forearms are verticle, your triceps and delts contract at a similar rate, more muscles working at the same time makes the lift more efficient.

I know when I start my triceps are against the side of my body. I dont know how you could get the bar on your upper chest with your elows forward, it would be more on your delts / fingertips like the final clean position

Last edited:
I know when I start my triceps are against the side of my body.

Interesting, i might try that.

My starting position has always been forearms perpendicular to the ground, such that my triceps aren't against the side of my body.