• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Most effective way of taking WPI/WPC, Dextrose, L-Glutamine and Creatine Post+Pre w/o

ripuplooksharp

I am just curious as to what the most effective way to take WPI/WPC, dextrose, l-glutamine and creatine. I know this has been answered a few times on Google, but I want to know what works best for you all as individuals.

I anticipate that I will need to take dextrose, l-glutamine and creatine before my workout to give that extra “boost”. Then take some immediately after my workout to assist with muscle recovery. 15 minutes after taking the dextrose, l-glutamine and creatine, I will take my WPI/WPC.

If you could provide me with measurements (in grams) that would be great.

My goal is not to gain weight. I am aiming to trim down, rip up and be able to perform endurance and toning activities for longer. I also want to minimize my muscle recovery time. Currently, it is taking me about 3-4 days for my muscles to recover after a workout. I need to minimize this time in order to be able to workout more frequently.

Any advice is much appreciated.

That all depends on what you do for a living, some expend more energy during the day than others.
i don't care what you do for a living if you eat and sleep properly you'll have plenty of energy, but if you wanna waste your money on pre-workout garbage go ahead

Why is is taking so long? Possibly inadequate rest or nutrition

I am only just getting back into working out after a few months of travel.

Not to mention, relocating to Sydney and starting a new job. Things are pretty hectic at the moment.

I usually need about 9-10 hours sleep in order to operate properly the next day (more than most people I know). I have been getting about 7-8 hours and I think that is hindering my muscle recovery.

My diet is pretty consistent. Minimal alcohol, minimal soft drink, lots of water and juice.
Staying off most oily fried foods and take-away, red meat 2-3 times a week.

Typical diet in a day would include:
7:30am - Bacon and Eggs/Sandwich/Cereal
10:30am - Piece of fruit
12:15pm - Schnitzel sandwich is the norm while I'm at work
3:00pm - Piece of fruit
6:00pm - Sandwich
7:30pm - Dinner --> Pasta, steak and potatoes, or something with rice

Any thoughts?

Well your diet is stuffed mate no wonder you lack energy.

A peice of fruit is not a meal nor is a snadwhich.

Eat
Meat, vegies, potatoes 6 times per day and see if you have enough energy.

Anyhow
Creatine 5 gms anytime of the day, Most take it before or after workout
Glutamine 5 gms 3 x times daily (morning, after workout and before bed)
Post workout shake 30 gms dextrose, 30 gms whey protein)

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Do you train to failure of leave 1 in the tank? If your going to failure it certainly wont be helping your recovery.

Also, your whole diet revoles around processed carbs.
Bread 3 or 4 times, pasta, cereal and the crumbs on the schnitzel.

Where are the vegetables?

Do you train to failure of leave 1 in the tank? If your going to failure it certainly wont be helping your recovery.

I am training til failure but I am trying to break my body in so that I develop a tolerance and get my body used to training hard.

Well your diet is stuffed mate no wonder you lack energy.

A peice of fruit is not a meal nor is a snadwhich.

Eat
Meat, vegies, potatoes 6 times per day and see if you have enough energy.

I see where you're coming from, but at the same time, I don't want to gain weight. I want to trim down and rip up. The reason I am taking the supplements is for muscle recovery and muscle growth. I'm doing just cardio 3-4 times a week, and weights 3-4 times a week

you wont trim down on processed carbs...

meat vege's potatoes... its the best advise, eat clean food that has had nothing done to it...

Dude, you don't get it.
If you don't want to gain weight then eat

Meat, vegies, potatoes 6 times per day, but reduce the quantity.

Cardio 3-4 times per week??? WHY???? Are you training to be a fitness freak??

Last edited:
look in the nutrition section of the forum mate...

have a look at the 3000 cal diet or whatever tickles your fancy... Notice there are no sandwiches... notice the times the carbs are taken in, notice what other foods are being eaten...

It can be that easy....

Dude, you don't get it.
If you don't want to gain weight then eat

Meat, vegies, potatoes 6 times per day, but reduce the quantity.

What should a typical day's food look like?

I am curious as to what breakfast, lunch and in-between meals would look like?

Actually yes, I am a soccer player.

look in the nutrition section of the forum mate...

have a look at the 3000 cal diet or whatever tickles your fancy... Notice there are no sandwiches... notice the times the carbs are taken in, notice what other foods are being eaten...

It can be that easy....

cheers man - i will have a look. thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't care what you do for a living if you eat and sleep properly you'll have plenty of energy, but if you wanna waste your money on pre-workout garbage go ahead

Coming from someone that left school only for years ago thats a big statement, when you get to my age with less test in your system then tell me theres no need for a pre work out boost, even if its just a coffee or a lucazade when you do a hard working job sometime ya need it.

If your a soccer player and train a fair bit you can get away with a lot more carbs than most on here would and not gain excess fat.

How heavy are you? And what sort of numbers are you pushing? Will give us an idea of the sort of calories you need and the amount and type of carbs your diet requires, as Shrek said though lay off the simple carbs, just stick to oats, sweet potato, grains, nuts, rice etc. stay away from bread and pasta, for the amount of calories you get out of a medium bowl of pasta you can eat 2 decent sized clean meals of meat and veggies, will get a hell of a lot more building blocks for muscle and recovery out of the 2 clean meals than the pasta.

What should a typical day's food look like?

I am curious as to what breakfast, lunch and in-between meals would look like?
I told you alread, meat and vegies. There are no in between meals. 6 even meals.

maybe your first meal you can have eggs and oats instead of meat and veg.

How heavy are you? And what sort of numbers are you pushing? Will give us an idea of the sort of calories you need and the amount and type of carbs your diet requires, as Shrek said though lay off the simple carbs, just stick to oats, sweet potato, grains, nuts, rice etc. stay away from bread and pasta, for the amount of calories you get out of a medium bowl of pasta you can eat 2 decent sized clean meals of meat and veggies, will get a hell of a lot more building blocks for muscle and recovery out of the 2 clean meals than the pasta.

I am 180cm - 84.5kg

I really want to drop below 80kg, as well as develop muscle definition.

I have just gotten back into the gym, so I'm trying to get back to where I left off 6 months ago. I will compare old numbers and new numbers:

Bicep Curls:
WAS: 15kg dumbells on preacher
NOW: 10kg dumbells on preacher

Tricep Extension
WAS: 27.5kg dumbell (shared between two hands)
NOW: 20kg dumbell

Bench Press
WAS: 32.5kg dumbells
NOW: 22.5kg dumbells

Shoulder Press
WAS: 27.5kg dumbells
NOW: 17.5kg dumbells

Bent Over Row (Back)
WAS: 20kg dumbells
NOW: 12.5kg dumbells

Hope this is enough information.

Ok, first off put more size on, your light ( lean mass wise ) if your 84kg@180cm mate and only pushing the numbers you mentioned.

Dont worry about losing any weight, thats the last thing you want to do.

Start squatting and deadlifting. Seems like you dont now and its got me stuffed why recovery is taking so long ifyou arent squatting or deadlifting, these are the only lifts that put me out of action for more than a day everything else does stuff all as far as DOMS are concerned...

Those lifts are very light for someone your size, definitely spend a lot more time under the bar and stick to a solid program such as the PTC beginner program:

http://ausbb.com/strength-training-power-lifting/9460-beginners-program.html

And stick with it until you can past the novice/beginner stage, until then forget about losing weight, you can still be fit, fast and have lots of energy and recover whist gaining size doing this program and eating clean.

To try and lose weight now when you have hardly any muscle on you will not achieve what you want mate, it will make you get smaller and weaker, not show you definition.

Dont take offense if any of this sounds harsh but you want the truth about how to improve and i just gave it to you mate.

Last edited: